Dad and I went to St. George this week and he played in the Huntsman Senior world games in basketball. He left on Monday and I went down on Wednesday with Steve Peterson and his wife Polly. I didn't want to drive down by myself so that was nice of them to take me down. They played teams from Oregon, Montana, Canada, and Utah. They Played for the gold on Friday and they played well and were ahead the whole game and lost it at the end by 4 points so they got the silver. They played a Montana team that had not been beat so that was pretty good I think. Dad was certainly feeling the effects of playing a game everyday for the week. They played 4 ten minute quarters so the games were full games and these old guys aren't used to that. I don't think I have ever seen so many tall old guys in my life, some of the teams even had 7 footers! Dad was one of the big men on the team so he had to defend some pretty big guys. I had fun walking around the main streets of St. George. Dad spent most of his time at the library because he had to finish a class for work and it had to be done by friday. We drove home after the game on Friday and were home by 10pm. It was a fun week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment