These pictures are just to show that it is possible to get a nice buck. Its interesting that the yellow quakie leaf is showing where a good hunter would have shot this buck. But since it was running straight away from us. We shot it through the horn (that would be Mac) and shot off it's nards (that would be Nate) and then shot it in the back of the neck (that was Nate too). Good thing Nate finished it off as it was getting so ticked off that we shot off his manhood that he was about to wheel around and charge and gore us. He has pretty whimpy forks, but was one of the largest bodied deer I have ever seen. Except for Uncle Ferrin's, that one is the biggest I have ever seen. Nate and I saw some real nice ones this season, but couldn't seem to put a bullet in the right place. Amazingly I didn't even get to shoot one in the buttocks either. That is a bad year when that happens.
1 comment:
Looks like a good one Dad! Too bad you couldn't have gotten something like that this year. Too bad about his goods though. I bet that hurt the poor guy!
Post a Comment