Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Freezing Rain!!
We have had 2 ice storms this past week. They call it "Freezing Rain", which means when you look outside it is raining, but as soon as the rain hits the ground, it freezes! And it really does! It is pretty cool to watch, but also dangerous of course. Then the trees look like they are glass! Definitely something we have never experienced out West. But we didn't have church on Sunday due to the storm, and we have been blessed that we were one of the few with power. I heard on the news that Hershey was one of the worst hit, and they issued a "state of emergency" due to all of the power outages. I am not sure if they even have the power on yet, but I know for sure that some people in our ward haven't had it for 2 days. So now they are trying to clean up all the debris from the trees and their branches that have fallen off. There was even a tree that was almost split in half near our entrance to our apartments. Crazy weather out here!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad you guys have power. That would be a pretty long (and cold) day. Is Jaedon getting more excited for Christmas? Did you get Jon's thing in the mail yet? I can't say what the 'thing' is because Jon might read this! :)
Mel I am glad you put these pictures on our blog as well it looks very cold!
I did it just for you mom!! :)
Post a Comment