Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Scary Monsters!

Jaedon and I have really been enjoying my Christmas vacation. We play all day, everyday and it has been a lot of fun. One of our favorite games is "Scary Monsters". This is how we play: We get on the bed and throw the covers over our heads, seal out all the light so it is pitch dark, and then Jaedon lights up the dark with a keychain pig I got from school (it oinks and its nostrils light up when you push the button). We yell out "Scary Monsters" and then all chaos breaks loose as we struggle to throw the covers off of us and run for our lives.

Well, the other day I was channel surfing with Jaedon on my lap. We wandered across a channel that depicted two individuals of the opposite sex hiding under the covers, doing who knows what! Without skipping a beat, Jaedon yelled out "Daddy", pointed to the TV, and said "playing scary monsters!" Both Mel and I chuckled as I reassured him that they were, in fact, playing scary monsters and I quickly changed the channel. You have to love that little child innocence!

2 comments:

Donene said...

Jon that was a great story adn it made me laugh. thanks for sharing

Rachel said...

The great part is I can actually picture all of this happening! That is a great story and it will be a good one for Jaedon's kids to hear.......some very long day from now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails