Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Spiders and Pink balls
The last couple of days have been alittle crazy, frustrating, and exhausting...with some comical relief mixed in. Jaedon and Olivia have come down with a nasty cough and runny nose. Luckily though they haven't really acted sick or really had any fevers, but the cough has been bad!Let's first start with Livy. I believe she has quite the sensitive gag reflex. She has not had a problem with sleeping, and not really with eating. But the snot running from her nose of course runs down the back of her throat, and therefore makes her cough, which then makes her gag on the little ball of snot that has accumulated there. Trying to suck out the snot with a bulb, (or the nose sucker, as we call it), is unsuccessful at times, (and I even think one time I got a piece of her brain, which was quickly shoved back up there), so most of the time we are just waiting for her to sneeze it out, which causes her to have quite the snot rockets! But the problem here is that after she eats, she usually needs to cough, which leads to the gagging, which usually leads to her throwing up all that she has eaten. SO, the poor girl is always hungry!Jaedon, on the other hand, just coughs and sounds like he is going to cough up a lung in the process. And his poor little nose is raw from all of the "boogies" and wiping. But 2 nights ago he could not sleep because he kept having coughing fits, which leads to mom and dad not getting any sleep either. So, I camped it out on the floor, which Jaedon soon joined me.But last night they were doing a little better, but while trying to fall asleep my cute husband started to say something looked pink while pointing to the ceiling. So I asked him what was pink? He told me balls! So apparently we had pink balls on our ceiling. (I promise my husband is not on any sort of drugs!) Then shortly after, Jaedon started to scream, so I went in there and he was curled up in a corner in his bed and kept saying, SPIDERS!! I tried to tell him there were no spiders, and even when I tried to lay him back down he started to freak out, still thinking that there was a spider on his bed. Like father, like son!!But through this all I have learned something. As I was holding Livy one night, I started to think, why is it so hard and frustrating when your kids get sick? Why can't we just give them some miracle drug and make them better? Or even take the burden upon ourselves, instead of seeing them suffer, and not feeling like you can't do anything to help? Then the thought came to me, that is how Christ feels. He holds us and comforts us when we are struggling, or "sick". His heart aches when ours does, He knows what we are going through, and can relate to us. He has taken that burden upon himself, and so therefore has lightened ours. But we too must experience things for ourselves to grow and progress. But we need to just remember that we are never alone, we will always have that constant companion with us, "holding" us.Enjoy life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks Mel, I really needed that today! love you
I'm sorry, but does anyone know who or what crescenet is? Nate and Isaac, I went to the site and it is in some form of spanish looking language. I have changed who can comment though.
Very well done Mel, and I am sorry that Jaedon and Olivia are sick and I don't know who this other person is but hope it isn't something bad. I love you too!! hang in there.
Just so it makes sense to my comment up above, I deleted those comments. And I have changed who can comment.
Post a Comment