Tuesday, April 8, 2008

General Conference

I thought General Conference was great and I enjoyed all of the speakers and being able to participate in the solemn assembly. The weather wasn't really great but because of the weather you just wanted to sit inside and watch it, so I guess that was a good thing. Caitlin brought up two boys from Scotland that are visiting here and they were going to attend 2 sessions of conference. It was really fun to hear their accents and to talk with them about Scotland. The oldest one is putting his papers in to go on a mission when he returns. It made me realize how small the world is and that the church is the same all over the world, I also realized that if so many members travel such far distances to come to conference that maybe we should appreciate more what we have so close to us. We went down to Liberty to watch conference with Grandpa and Grandma Shaw and yes they are the winners! They have so much more snow, I think it will still be here in May!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

From what I heard of it, I thought it was very good as well. Very focused on the family! I also thought it was interesting of Elder Bednar's comments of missionaries. Never thought of it like that. And I appreciated Elder Ballard's comments as well. Do they always have you stand like that though when they have a new prophet? Jon and I couldn't remember doing it for Pres. Hinckley?

The Obergs said...

It was good to see you guys on sunday. I love your pictures from conference and yes, I think the snow will still be here in May. By the way, thanks for the tip about the triathalon wear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails