I realized on this trip that when you turn 30 it is all downhill from there. My age really showed on this trip. I thought I was doing so good when I packed everything. We got over to Jack London Square which is some shops and restaurants along the coast. We got in the parking lot and I went to the back of the car and realized I did not pack the double stroller. I couldn't believe it. Why would I do that to myself? Needless to say I got the privilege of carrying Bryce everywhere. We then went to the A's vs. Red Sox game. The boys favorite part was the cotton candy. We only lasted through the 6th inning. The next day we went to the Monterey Aquarium. That was fun. But they don't rent strollers so I got to carry Bryce everywhere. Bryce loved looking at the fish. The boys loved that they had so many hands on displays. I am amazed to see how many different kinds of life God created which I know each has a specific purpose.
On our way home we stopped at the Santa Cruz boardwalk which is a good old-fashioned amusement park on the beach with all the carnival games, rides, and food. We rode some rides and ate some junk food the boys loved it. Layne states that this was his favorite part.
On Sunday we were going to church when my age got in the way again. I had forgotten to pack Doug's Sunday clothes. I had packed everyone else's but his. So we had a short lesson that Carson gave us and then we went to the beach and played in the sand. There are some pictures of that. Layne and Carson got some kelp and they turned them into Indiana Jones' whip. I would show you how this worked but my age got in the way again. I forgot to recharge my battery on my camera so it died shortly before this happened.
On Monday we went to the San Francisco Zoo. They did have wagon rentals which we did. I love the Zoo and it was great to do on my birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment