Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Belize

Well if anyone knows how to make the slide show smaller please let me know. I can never seem to get it right. Any how Belize was fantastic. It is a beautiful country. The first pictures are of Ambergris Caye. The beaches are brilliant white and the water is so turquoise. Our accommodations were amazing. There even was a hammock on our front porch of our cabana. Doug went salt water fly fishing in the flats. We were unable to catch some permit but he caught 5 bone fish. I didn't think he did to bad since it really was his first time fly fishing. I just loved sitting around. We also had amazing food wherever we went I really pigged out and when I came home I had gained 7 pounds. It is coming off fast though. The next pictures are of some of the waterfalls we went and saw. The resort we stayed at in Mountain Pine Ridge was 7200 acres with only accommodations for 24 people. So the resort was small but amazing the staff was so amazing down to every last detail. Since they have so much land they have these hikes into the jungle and you can go to these waterfalls and swim at the crystal clear bottom. It was like out of a movie. We also went into Rio Frio Cave which has a river running through this amazing cave. There is another spot where it is called Rio On Pools. There are these natural pools in the river where you can swim. We went to Caracol, the mayan ruins, they were amazing. It was mind blowing to see the ruins and read about the history that they have uncovered especially with our knowledge of the Book of Mormon made it ever more the interesting. It was hard to come home. There are also some of the bugs we saw. There is a picture of a Portuguese Man of War jellyfish it is the bright purple animal. These were in the ocean at the time so they advised to be careful when swimming. I also took pictures of the flowers they were gorgeous to me.

3 comments:

Donene said...

The pictures are amazing and it looks like a place I would love to visit. I am glad that you had such a great time. Youw did take a lot of pictures of flowers and they are so beautiful. I will have to figure out why your slideshows don't play. I will have to call you.

Unknown said...

Belize looks like an awesome place to visit. And to just be away from kids for that long too! ;) Any of those bugs crawl into your bed!?

When you are making the slide show to the right hand side there is a place that says, "Small, Medium, Large" I believe it is under where you choose what "type" of slide show, #3. But if you are doing it with Adobe, I am not sure. It doesn't play for me either.

Rachel said...

Looks like a lot of fun and a great (well deserved break!) we will see you soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails