Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I was on call on the 4th of July so my day started out at the hospital. I decided to document my 4th with some pictures , I had my camera in my bag because I had been to Kace's t-ball game and I forgot to take it out so I actually had my camera with me. We didn't have to work very long in the morning so I was able to spend the afternoon and part of the evening with Caitlin, Isaac and Mary.
These pictures are actually backwards from my day so the first ones you are seeing are of actually July 5th because after we had a barbeque at Mary and Isaac's and after their great firework show I was called in again. This case started at about 10:30 pm and I was actually kind of upset to be called in to do a hernia repair (on call cases are supposed to be emergencies.) Well when we got into the OR and after the patient was asleep I was able to see why we were doing an emergency inguinal hernia repair. I guess he had this hernia for awhile and it had incarcerated. We found out after the incision that it had not only incarcerated the bowel but also part of the bladder so I called a urologist in and he did the bladder repair and the general surgeon did the bowel repair. Needless to say I spent most of my time in the OR the night of the 4th and most of the morning of the 5th.

This picture was actually the appendectomy that we did in the morning.
Mary and Kelsey were dancing to the strobing fireworks. It looked pretty cool with firework lights.
Here is all of us watching the show, Isaac was the firework master.

Happy 4th of July! I am grateful I have my freedom and I am actually glad that I was on call because if I had an emergency on a holiday I would be grateful that there would be someone there to take care of me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had quite the eventful day...and night. I did try calling, and I guess that is why I couldn't get a hold of you. Jon saw your post last night, and I was all ready in bed, and when he came in he said that it reminded him of when we got engaged. 5 years ago!!

Donene said...

I remember that night, was I on call that night? I remember the great song that Jon sang to you under the willow tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails