Monday, August 11, 2008

24th Of July

I know that it has been a couple of weeks since the 24th but I am just getting around to getting these pictures posted so sorry about that. It was a busy few weeks and we sure had a bunch of fun with everyone here. Every year they have a 24th of July celebration at the Mapleton ward and they invited the Cubriver ward since we used to be part of them. It is just an old fashioned celebration and we did not invite PETA to this year's celebration so yes they still chase all of the animals and the kids who catch them, take them home with them. Layne was sad that he didn't catch any thing but Rainee and Doug were glad or I should say Grandma was glad because it probably would have ended up at our house. In the egg toss Doug and Layne went forever and I think the egg bounced about 10 times on the ground and it still didn't break, it eventually broke when Layne was trying to catch it, we should have called it super egg! We had a firework show on Saturday night and Nate was the fireworks expert and showed all of the boys how fireworks should not be handled. We all enjoyed it though, I think Nate enjoyed it the most, he was able to do what his Mom and Dad told him not to do when he was younger. We had a great time and thanks to all for being here!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looked like it was VERY fun!! Did you have the water hose ready to put out any fires!? :)

Rachel said...

I know mel, nate is a very bad example! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails