Thursday, September 11, 2008

Forgiveness


Today I was reading the church news and came across this message of inspiration from President Monson on forgiveness. I liked it so much that I typed it up and put it on my fridge. It made me think about how we in the world treat each other and how we should be treating each other and I thought to myself, " I have a long way to go." Then I got on the Internet and realized that it was 9/11 and thought, okay do I forgive those that did that horrible thing a few years ago? Then I thought of the Amish when they were attacked and their little girls were killed and how they responded to the family of the attacker. Instead of concentrating on the hate they concentrated on the forgiveness and surrounded that family with love. They knew that their lives could not be happy if they let the bitterness of hatred canker their soles so they made food and showed their love and sympathy to those who had wronged them. I hope that I can show that much love for someone who has made me sad or wronged me in some way because I don't want to break the bridge over which I must pass if I ever make it to heaven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"IF" you make it to heaven!? Mom you are a saint! I agree we all hold on to feelings that are not needed, and take more energy than anything. Thanks for sharin'. I needed that.

Rachel said...

PLEASE, what is with the IF part. You are a great mom whom we LOVE and you WILL make it to heaven with the rest of us (at least I'm planning on it :)! We just have to make good choices, that what I've been telling Kace anyway!
Thanks for the thought. We love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails