Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pictures of deer (maybe)

First of all these are pictures that Ryan took today while hunting with Nate and Mac and I just have to comment before he tells his hunting stories, see this picture above, well I can't tell you how many pictures we have that look just like this, I think instead of let's find Waldo it should be called let's find deero. Ryan always gets so excited about these pictures and if you look really close you can see a speck of a deer. I would much rather look at the pictures below and after going through all of our old pictures this last year I made a file to put the pictures that look like the ones above, it is the file that sits on the floor by my desk and gets emptied once a week, Sorry Ryan but I just like the close ups better.

Well, there we were, all decked out for hunting and nowwhere to go. We saw a couple of nice bucks, which were supposed to look closer in the picture, they were both nice fours about 24-26 inch spreads. We watched them until they went to bed, which wa like 1000 yards away, then we put Nate above them and had Mac come from below them and Nate was going to shoot'em in the gizzard. Except that by the time Nate got above them Mac had fallen asleep and I called his phone (that's how we were communicating) like twenty times and he wouldn't wake up. So I told Nate to just get comfortable until Mac woke up. Well, Mac finally woke up and so we started him into the jack pines to brush these deer out. At went well until the big bucks decided to bolt. Nate could have shot the doe and fawn and the big buck was coming along right behind, but then his buddy came out of the timber and ran past making him run and zimm-zamm they bounded right by Nate's shooting window so fast he didn't even get a shot off. So it was a big long hike for 30 seconds of excitement, but we did see a billy goat and about five or six bucks all total. But they are still up there. Maybe they'll survive until next year and we'll try them again.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture of Mac and Nate explains alot! Nate is disappointed, and Mac is in LA-LA Land saying "I feel good, I got a nap!"

Rachel said...

Why does Nate always have to make faces like that. I remember the picture of jr prom and he made that face and he said it was because he had GAS, maybe that explains it!! hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails