Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This last week was interesting...

Actually these first pictures were inspired by Mel. She had me look at these cute hat patterns and I thought, "I have to make one." So I have spent the last day making this hat, it was not that hard once I figured out how to do a FPDC which means front post double crochet but I started over several times before Ryan found it on the Internet and after seeing a video, it was much easier. So thanks Mel, I also am getting a pattern for these cute little baby shoes and I can't wait to try them as well. I have had more time this week because I have been home with Caitlin who had her tonsils out this last week and today I got the rest of my root canal finished. It was pretty bad because it was in the last molar in the top of my mouth and I had to have my mouth opened for 2 hours, so my jaw is pretty sore. ( He had a hard time finding all of the roots).

But I am not complaining because I definitely have not had it as bad as Caitlin has had it. When you get your tonsils out as an adult it is much worse. Then to top it off she had an allergic reaction to the pain medication so she spent the best of one day vomiting her guts out. the allergic reaction made her face swell up like a balloon and then because she was vomiting so hard she burst the blood vessels in her eyes. She looks like she lost the fight because it also made the outside of her eyes go black and then she bruised around her mouth from the surgery. I guess on a positive note though she lost 20 lbs.

This is her uvula the size of her thumb, it was pretty gaggy because it goes down her throat.

Here is her balloon face, at least Dad got her to smile, she hasn't been doing too much of that.



Here is her blood eyes, I really hate throwing up and I can't imagine doing it right after having your tonsils out. Sorry Caitlin, that you have had a bad week, it is supposed to get better by week 2.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom, I love the hat!! I think it is the cutest hat. The button just gives it that cuteness. Can't wait to see how the shoes turn out. :) Sorry Caitlin. That is never fun. Hopefully all this trouble will make you feel better in the long run though. Your eyes are pretty creepy.

The Obergs said...

oh my gosh, poor caitlin! These pictures just make me hurt all over! I hope she feels better soon...

Donene, I absolutely LOVE the hat. I am deeming you the best hat maker! I seriously can't wait to put baby girl in the cute hats you made for her!

Rachel said...

POOR CAITLIN! I heard she was sick, but had no idea it was that bad.

LOVE THE HAT!

Unknown said...

and even got more interesting!!

Melanie said...

I agree. The hat is adorable. You are so talented. I feel sorry for Caitlin. That is terrible that all that has happened to her. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails