I know it is late but I was so excited when I got these treats started that I just had to finish them and show how cute they are. I was on Bakerella and saw these little chicks and thought,"I need to make some of those for Lincoln's baby blessing tomorrow." So I started them before I went to the YW meeting and had to finish them when I got back. They really aren't that time consuming except for putting on the little eyes, wings and feet.

They start out with a cake mix that you cook and make into a cake and then after it has cooled you put it in a food processor and make "dirt" out of it. You then add a can of cream cheese frosting and make that concoction into the little balls and then you put them in the fridge to cool. ( That was what I did before the meeting.)
Then you dip them in the chocolate and stick them in Styrofoam until the chocolate hardens and using a toothpick and some melted chocolate you add the tiny coated chocolate chips to the little bodies. I used an edible marker to make the eyes.
I then thought I should make some bunnies and they turned out okay but Ryan told me that bunnies don't have whiskers so I had to try again with out the whiskers. They kind of look like bunnies, I think.
Then you dip them in the chocolate and stick them in Styrofoam until the chocolate hardens and using a toothpick and some melted chocolate you add the tiny coated chocolate chips to the little bodies. I used an edible marker to make the eyes.
I then thought I should make some bunnies and they turned out okay but Ryan told me that bunnies don't have whiskers so I had to try again with out the whiskers. They kind of look like bunnies, I think.
They were fun to make and I already know that they are delicious because Rachel made me some for Valentines day. Hers were made with the dark chocolate and looked like truffles and they were very good. Okay I am going to bed now, I think I will dream of bunnies and chicks.
2 comments:
mmmmm... I have been wanting to make some of those cake pops. But from all the comments I read they made it sound so time consuming, so I haven't done them yet. They look really cute!! Love the chickies. Rabbits do to have whiskers..., don't they?
They are very cute looking
Post a Comment