

We had the Marriott reunion on the 3rd of July but I have been so busy and had so many pictures that I have not posted about this fun event. ( I am really posting this for the benefit of Rachel because she keeps reminding me that I haven't posted about this yet.)
It was held at Monte Cristo this year and it was so green and the flowers were so beautiful because of our wet spring. It actually was a little cool which is hard to believe on the 3rd of July. We went exploring again and rode the 4 wheelers and mules all over the property. We went over to my Mom's property and walked down in the canyon and every time I go down there it amazes me how big the "quakies" are. Ryan was giving us the finer points of carving your initials in the tree and how if you carve them with just a single line they will last longer and you will still be able to see them in 100 years. I don't know how old these trees are but we saw some initials from the early 1900's. I don't know if you can tell by the pictures how big they are and I had this idea that Ryan should put his arms around the tree and show just how big around the tree is. Well, I got him to put his arms around a big quakie and as soon as I took the picture, I thought,"Oh, no! he is a tree hugger!" and then I said it out loud. Ryan really thought that I set him up for the picture but really the thought did not enter my mind until I saw him hugging the tree. We all laughed and Ryan said," Okay this will be in her next blog." I really did not take the picture for that reason. ( Really Ryan, I am telling the truth!)
Every time I see Rachel she reminds me that I have not posted the tree hugger picture.
I love you Ryan, don't be mad, it is a great picture.
Rachel tried to get the same picture from Nate when they were on their trip to Oregon and Nate said, " I'm not falling for that one again."

We had fun walking and hiking around and seeing all of the Marriott cousins that we don't see forever.

Tydon was picking a flower for me.
This is a picture of the old sheep corral that Jim found, there is a story about when Enos, my great grandfather, was young and he and his Dad Moroni brought the sheep up to Monte. They built this fence to hold the sheep in so that Enos could watch them. His Dad then left for several days to get supplies and left Enos alone with the sheep. He was quite young, I think they said that he was only 10 years old and he stayed all by himself until his Dad came back. You can follow the fence line around in a big circle and can see the old corral still on the ground. Enos was born on October 18, 1883 so that fence was made in 1893 and you can still see the old rails lying there. That was pretty impressive and made some of the stories we hear come to life when you actually get to visit the place where it happened.
Rachel tried to get the same picture from Nate when they were on their trip to Oregon and Nate said, " I'm not falling for that one again."
We had fun walking and hiking around and seeing all of the Marriott cousins that we don't see forever.

Tydon was picking a flower for me.
This is a picture of the old sheep corral that Jim found, there is a story about when Enos, my great grandfather, was young and he and his Dad Moroni brought the sheep up to Monte. They built this fence to hold the sheep in so that Enos could watch them. His Dad then left for several days to get supplies and left Enos alone with the sheep. He was quite young, I think they said that he was only 10 years old and he stayed all by himself until his Dad came back. You can follow the fence line around in a big circle and can see the old corral still on the ground. Enos was born on October 18, 1883 so that fence was made in 1893 and you can still see the old rails lying there. That was pretty impressive and made some of the stories we hear come to life when you actually get to visit the place where it happened.



2 comments:
THANK YOU!! I think he picture is even better than I expected.
:)
I can't believe dad let you put that picture up! And that he is still married to you now that you did put it up. Just kidding. :) It was a great picture though and made me chuckle.
Post a Comment