This month seems to be the time when everything in the garden ripens at the same time. I have been trying to keep ahead of all of the fruit and vegetables, some days it seems like it will never end. I am grateful though that we are blessed with the bounties that we have.

Okay, I was going to delete this picture but it was kind of funny so I left it in. I guess you could say this is my excited look but it really wasn't taken while I was canning fruit. When I saw it though it expressed my feelings when I had finished doing the marathon canning days.

This is the time of year even the foliage and flowers act like their time on this earth is coming to an end, they have to get as much growing in that they can before the mornings of frost overcome their beautiful color.

I also finished with the apricot jam, choke cherry jelly and dill pickles. I haven't started on the tomatoes, peaches, and pears yet, but I feel like I have good start. Sometimes I am excited when frost comes but right now I am enjoying the beautiful summer days and the cool fall nights.
4 comments:
Well, you better hurry and do them! You only have 4 more days!! :)
Those beans look WEIRD! And why aren't the plums purple? Think the beans were jealous of the plums and stole it! All right, I know that was corny. ;) It all looks delicious, and can't wait to have some in November!!
I can't wait for Mel to have some in Nov. too!
I think the picture of you is too cute to have taken when you finished. You look to cute :)
Wow, that looks great! I thought I did a lot of canning, but it's nothing compare to yours, again WOW!
Post a Comment