Before I start talking about the silver medalists I have to tell a story about
Tydon.
Tydon has been at our house for the last couple of days while his parents and
Kace are in San Diego.
Tydon went to church with me yesterday and he was great! He sat quietly during Sacrament and went to nursery and was only sad once and they came to get me. He then went back and was happy for the rest of the time. We had
BYC after church so we had to stay a little longer. I know he was hungry because the nursery leader said that he chowed down on the crackers. So while we were sitting there during
BYC I was scrounging through my purse to find any kind of food substance. I found one lonely red hot tamale candy. I handed it to him and said that it was hot and the next thing I saw him do as he held the lone candy in his little hand, was put his lips close to the candy and start blowing! I then said, it's probably too hot and you won't like it, and then he started blowing harder! Oh, I love little kids! He popped it into his mouth and said, No, Grandma it is GOOD! We hurried home after to get the poor kid some food.


For the last 4 years we have gone down to St. George to the Huntsman Senior games. Ryan has played basketball and each year we have come home with the silver medal. Not that silver is bad but they so wanted to beat the team that takes the gold every year. Well we did beat them (2 times!) They played 2 games a day this week and twice they beat the gold medal team, once by 10 points and the next by 11 points. When I saw who we were playing for the gold, I thought it is going to be very difficult to beat a good team 3 times. Well, once the other team got ahead they decided to play stall ball and because there is only a 30 second shot clock at the last 3 minutes of the quarter we had to foul a lot to get the ball back. The other team were very good at hitting their free throws and I think 75 of their 106 points were made at the foul line. We came within 3 points but 3 points short still makes you lose so we were awarded the silver medals for the 4
Th time. I'm not going to say maybe next year because I have been saying that for the last three. Maybe we should lose on purpose during the week so they don't know how good we are!
2 comments:
Tydon is one funny little boy!
Dad..., what's the deal!? Just kidding. Silver isn't bad, but when you keep getting it because of the same team, that can be frustrating.
That was a great story about Ty. I can just picture him blowing :)
Too bad about the silver, what a disappointment to all those guys. Especially when they know they could have won.
Post a Comment