Monday, December 21, 2009

December's activities

The month has flown by but we have had some very fun activities. During the first week of December we were in the Stake youth Christmas Cantata. We have been practicing with the youth since September every Sunday afternoon. The music was beautiful and we even had an orchestra from youth in the stake to accompany us. I had a horrible cough which started in November and I thought I wouldn't be able to sing but during the performance I didn't cough until the very last note.( I think I was blessed.) The youth in our stake are amazing and did a great job. At the Stake Center they had the cultural hall full of beautiful nativities and creche's from people in the stake,
I was so inspired by all of the different nativities that I went home and decided I needed more in my house. I will have to show you later the ones that I have acquired.

Aren't they great and they were all displayed so beautifully.

I especially liked the one from Africa and decided I must have one like that one as well. I am awaiting it's arrival. I can't imagine anything that brought the spirit of Christmas more than to start out December with beautiful music and Nativities representing our Savior from all over the world.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Sweet bow tie Dad! So mom, you are going to turn into Claudia. She has a ton of Nativities. But I totally agree with you, I love them too, and I don't think you could ever have too many. It is so fun to see the difference in all of them.

Jon said...

Whoops, sorry that is me! Mel, you know, your second daughter, your third born. heeheehee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails