because it just makes you want to create something.
Rainee has had that creative bug for awhile,(
since she found out she was having a girl!) She showed me all of the cute things she had made, she has been busy!

She found a remnant at the fabric store and made this cute diaper bag , (she got the pattern online.) It really was cute and she had made all kinds of pockets on the inside and had lined it in vinyl for all of the
messy things that go into a diaper bag.

When I opened
McKenly's closet I saw more clothes than any little girl would be able to wear. But I think that is the funnest part of having a girl, (dressing her in all of the darling outfits they have for girls.
Rainee also made the crib blanket, bumper pads, sheets, and curtains to go in
McKenly's pink room.)

So I had to make some pink and brown shoes and headband to go in her pink and brown room.

Before I left
Rainee had called me about this cute mobile that was at Babies R Us. It didn't look like it would be too hard to make so before I left I cut out all of the butterflies and flowers with my C
ricut. I then brought an old wire wreath frame and spray painted it white after I got there. We then spent one afternoon stringing crystal beads and paper flowers and butterflies on fishing line.

I think it turned out very cute, we then got excited about all of the possibilities you could do for mobiles with this idea. It flutters so cute in the room when there is a breeze.

I then tried these felted flowers and had to make more. I made the first one in Reno and then came home and tried different kinds. I attached a pin on the back and also a clip so you could attach it to a headband, a hat, a bag, or a scarf. I actually wore one on Saturday to our Stake Relief Society program and got the compliment that there are "pretty classy ladies in Idaho."

While I was a t
Rainee's I had time to fill quite a few orders that I had for headbands and hats. These are some of my favorites. I had a lady bring in a cute black and white polka dot jacket, lined with hot pink, that she had bought for her little girl and she wanted me to make something to match the jacket. I think this one turned out pretty cute!

Because of Valentine's day I was thinking hearts and this hat turned out great with the hearts and buttons.

I had to make a headband for
McKenly to keep her little ears warm. The flower is actually quite small but on a teeny tiny head it looks way large! So if you are getting down because of the weather try creating something it is so much fun and you forget how dreary it is outside.
7 comments:
Wow I am impressed with everything. Its amazing Rainee made a diaper bag. What a fun idea with the mobile, and I love all of the headbands! I'm never going to be able to keep up with those Joneses
Mary you are a JONES! You have created 2 houses...or is it 3!? And the lovely new desk in your room.
Mom they all look great and very cute!!
Don't worry Mary I don't even try to keep up. I am not very good at creating, but I always like to see what they all come up with.
I love the mobile! I love McKenly's chubby cheeks too!
Rach you are too creative!
OK, I can't believe that we are having a discussion about being creative when I have seen what Mary does with all of her creative projects and building houses. Rachel you are also creative, I have heard your music and seen all of the cute cakes you make and the ways you have with inspiring your children to learn. Creativity is anything that you love doing. Whether it be cooking, sewing, building, playing a musical instrument,teaching your children, playing sports, and I could go on and on. We all have a creative spark in us and it is shown in many different ways.
hahahaha. okay you are right. Thanks for being positive :) nate says he is creative at hunting. I guess we'll have to have him explain that one later........:) love you all :)
I'd have to agree on that one, Ryan has that creative spark as well.
Post a Comment