This week I have a special event coming up and it will only happen once in my lifetime. I have a birthday! (Well that isn’t the once in a lifetime event) but it is part of it. My birthday this year I will turn the age of the year that I was born. I am getting old but not every one will be able to celebrate this birthday in their lifetime, especially if you were born in the 1990’s. I was born in “55” and that will be the age I will be on this birthday. Last year I probably wouldn’t tell you my age but the older I get the more it really doesn’t matter. The older I get it seems that more and more the things that would bother me when I was younger isn’t really a big deal. So, I am going to share some of the things that I have learned in my looong lifetime.
1. Enjoy the time of life that you are in because as soon as it is gone you won’t be able to get it back.
2. Take care of your body because it is the only one you get and if you want it to last a long time take care of it when you are young.
4. Let your spouse do something just for him such as hunting and fishing, because they really don’t have a lot to look forward to and they work so hard supporting their families.
5. That brings me to the next one; women really do not realize how much control and power they have over their spouses. Mr. Jones has brought this to my attention lately when he made the comment that a man would go out and lick dog poop if it meant they would get a reward in bed. (Sorry maybe I should have rated this post.) Really is their anything that a woman wants bad enough to make them go and lick dog poop! So remember how much control you have in your household.
6. Enjoy your looks now and don’t be so critical of yourself because in a few years you will look back at some pictures that you were critical of and you will think,” I really didn’t look that bad then and look how much younger I look.”
7. This next one I learned many years ago but it has stuck with me all this time, it was from a comment that my Grandma Marriott made to me, she said, “I am the same age as you my body is just older.” So all of you youngsters out there, I am the same age as you and I think just the same as I did when I was 20. (Now I am just a little wiser, that is why I am passing this on to you.)
8. Enjoy your children at whatever stage you are in, it goes by fast and soon you will be enjoying their children!
9. Grandparents are spoiled especially when it comes to the grandchildren, which are why they spoil them because they are just passing it on.
10. So even though I am an old woman I am going to enjoy all the birthdays that are to come because every year I learn something more.
11. Make your decision of who you are going to marry carefully, choose somone who loves the Lord the most and that will make all the difference in all aspects of the rest of your life.
12. Last of all learn to forgive because it makes your life so much easier and you will be so much happier.
Here is a spoiled grandma!
5 comments:
Nate agreed. Women do have a lot of power :) Good thing we want to use that power for good.
That was very fun to read.
Oh Mother, I sure do love you! You are the best Mom and Grandma that anyone could ever ask for. You have been such an example to me and continue to do so. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge. We love you! And you should be getting some special cards in the mail for your birthday. (if you haven't gotten them yet.)
Great advice! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, love Cory and Cortney
Loved this post. We are spoiled grandmas. Nothing better than loving on a grandchild. Time does fly fast.
and let me just say, you make 55 look good! I love all your advice and even at 25 I've started realizing some of these things. It's so true! Don't we all still feel like we're 20? I know I do. Happy birthday week!
Post a Comment