We visited the Statue of Liberty and I think that was one of my favorite parts of New York. It could have been that it was a beautiful day and I was feeling very patriotic, but there is just something about seeing that grand lady in the water greeting every one who comes into the harbor. She is quite majestic and the ferry ride to her was something else too.
I thought these statue want to Be's were quite interesting and when we went to take a picture of them they wanted $5 so I didn't get a picture with them but I had already snapped this top picture so I guess you get to see all three of them. The ferry ride was fun but Caitlin was afraid she would get sick. The water was pretty choppy but we got up on the top deck and breathing all of that fresh salty air made it okay.
We kind of look like statues, don't you think? I should have put my torch up high!
On our way to Lady Liberty we went by Ground Zero and that is quite the sobering sight as well and it is quite mind boggling to think what destruction took place at this sight. It is still under construction and there is a small museum with a replica of what will be built in this massive hole.
We had to try some real New York pizza and I must admit it is some of the best tasting pizza's I have ever eaten. Maybe I was really hungry, but I think it tastes sooo good because it is made from such fresh ingredients. The one with the fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and fresh tomato was my favorite, it was delicious!
Here is a shot of Times Square, I have more pictures but the uploading is very slow tonight so I will have to try and upload some more tomorrow. I have a lot of pictures and I know I will never get them all on here so I have had to pick and choose which ones are my favorites. I am thinking I need to make a New York book to include them all.




1 comment:
Yes, I think you should make a New York book! The streets look so narrow. Do they just have 2 lanes or do they just look that narrow?
The pizza looks SOOOO good!
Post a Comment