Last week I spent my time at Girl's Camp. I have already posted about some of the crafty things that we did at camp and if you haven't read about that you can go HERE.
It was so beautiful up at Willow Flats that I had to show some more pictures of the beautiful scenery.
After we set up our tents and camp we went on our 5 mile hike. We decided that it was maybe best to get the long hike over early in the camp and then enjoy the rest when we had finished the hike. The last part of our hike was going to the top of Cub River where the start of the river just comes out of the side of the mountain. This picture below is of the mossy rocks just at the top.
I love moss as many of you know and these mossy rocks were so great! I wish I had some of these in my back yard!
This picture is a little blurry so I might have to drive back up and hike the trail to get a better picture.
This is on the horse trail bridge, where the trail will take you over to Bloomington Lake if you kept hiking.
This is the second time we hiked up to the top of the waterfall. Bev Cole and I and 5 of the girls decided we wanted to hike it again and get some more photo's!!
Isn't this cute of these beautiful Young Women!

This picture is when we were on the first part of our hike.
This picture is focusing more on the blades of grass in the foreground and there we are watching in the back ground. These girls were troupers! on the hike and I didn't hear one complaint.
This was a tree that we saw on the hike and because it had a built in bench we had to stop and take the photo moment!
There were fields of yellow sunflowers and I decided to focus on the yellow. It kind of makes a unique photo don't you think!
We ate our lunch at the top of the Cub River. Here is the roaring river and me with my sweaty hair!
These roots of the trees for some reason reminds me of Harry Potter. On the way up the trail you would
see many that would look like this.
After the hike we had pedicure's! I am pretty sure you wouldn't see this at any scout camp, I guess that is why we call it GIRL'S CAMP!
I decided I wanted this wall in my back yard as well. I think that God's landscaping skills are simply perfection at the highest level!
Here is my sweaty hair again.
One last focus on the yellow picture. Even though this is a dandelion it pretty much is perfect as well! We had a great time at camp and like I told the girls I have been going to Girl's Camp probably longer than most of them are old! I still enjoy it and wouldn't have it any other way.













2 comments:
So glad you had fun! We head off next week.
Loved your pedicure and the picture of the mossy rocks is awesome even if it is a little blurry. It is so green up there, I love it :)
Mom, I don't think your hair ever looks greasy, or sweaty. It looks so pretty up there, and wish I was there for the pedicures! :)
Post a Comment