Whenever December rolls around it makes me wonder if I will ever have enough time to do all the things I want to do in the month of December. I made some time to do some things this month and it was definitely worth the time. The first thing we did was make some time for just Ryan and I. Thanks to gift from Nate and Rach last year we had a night at the Alaskan Inn. Since Ryan works in Ogden I thought it would be great to stay one night so he wouldn't have to travel back and forth for one day. The room we stayed in was the Northern Lights room as you can see by the photo above the ceiling and walls are like you are sleeping under the lights and every once in awhile there is a shooting star that goes across the sky.
It is a rustic lodge and all of the furnishings are rustic as well. It was a great night and I think was fun for Ryan not to travel for one day.
The next night we went to my Dad's brothers Shaw party and we took the Cannon kids with us. They thought it was a great party with all kinds of yummy soups, rolls and great desserts!
McKenly especially liked the cookies with the Hershey's kiss on it, ( I think she just liked the Hershey kiss.)
Yumm
Grandpa Jones and Evan.
and just Mr. Jones
Evan was fascinated by my camera and wanted to take pictures of everything, so I let him take one of me.
Then he decided he would sneak around and take pictures of everyone else.
His sneaking was pretty hilarious as he crawled around on the floor and under tables to try and sneak up on people to get their picture. This is the Evan view.
Another Even view (from the floor) as he sneaks up on Carson.
Can;t resist the rabbit ears, the funny thing is, if Grandpa was sitting behind he would be making the same gesture.
Sneaking up on Layne.
I see you Evan!
Then Layne decided he wanted to be the picture taker and Evan would be the bunny ears.
Bryce.
Now, Bryce has a turn with the camera.
The food was great so I guess this is why they took this picture.
Evan's eye is interesting..
and Layne's mouth is definitely interesting.
We ended up staying another night to avoid the late night travel and the next morning we went to Kace's piano recital.
Then later we went to the Shaw party, (this one was my Mom and Dad's)
Tydon made this cute milk snowman.
Layne and Bryce made one too, aren't they cute!
McKenly loved the coloring.
Ryan enjoys the visits. Maddee and Brett are so cute.
We had some rousing games of cards. This was fun!
Trevor pulled the water on top of him and needed a clothes change.
The great grand kids sang us some songs.
and we listened while Grandpa gave out gifts.
The red eye fix is kind of funny sometimes.
Lincoln waiting for his gift.
Money! We all love money!!!
I was trying to see if my arm span was any where close to Frank's, (nope not even close.)
We took a family picture. I think Grandpa isn't sure about this?
That's better, family group hug.
Yes, we are funny!
Merry Christmas everyone!
and find the time to do the important things and that is all that matters.


2 comments:
I love Christmas time and having parties and playing games and seeing family.
I loved the picture with your siblings.
Oh thank 'heaven.' I saw that sky picture and was freaking out thinking that you had really lost your mind and painted a room in your home like that. So glad it was the mountain hotel instead of your home! Great pictures. You were brave letting those boys have at it with the camera. Ohhh, what a good grandma!
Post a Comment