Sunday, February 3, 2013

Telephoto lens

For Christmas I got this amazing camera, (Thanks everyone who gave it to me!) and Mr. Jones bought me some amazing lens' to go with the camera.  I am taking a photography class so I can use this amazing camera to it's full potential. One of the lens, is a telephoto lens, and I have always wanted to take better sports pictures, but with a point and shoot, you just cannot get enough light to make any worthwhile pictures when you are shooting inside of a gym.

So the rest of this post is some examples of what you can do with a telephoto lens.


You might feel like you are watching the whole game because there are enough pictures to show you!



These next 3 pictures are an example of continuos shooting, you can see Kace shooting the ball in second intervals.


Did he make it? Not sure by the way Nate is scratching his head.



I'm liking the focus, on the camera, and on Kace's face.








It's fun to see the players expressions as well.

This picture was taken across the gym to Tydon who was playing on the other side,

The other fun thing about a telephoto lens is that most of the time your subjects, don't know that you are taking a picture and you can get some great natural shots of how they really are without posing for the camera.

Hi, Tydon!

Is this game ever going to get over?


Loved the pictures I got of little Traegan.




and love Kace's facial expressions.



Look at little Traegan clapping, go Kace!




These next ones are great of Mac and Jessica as well.






and funny expressions.

This one is a pretty natural, ear squeezing shot. Those of you who know Mac know how he loves to squeeze ears.

Love this one, this is Mac without posing.



Tydon with the broom.


Love the determination on their faces.





Go Tydon!



Some of Tydon's natural face shots.

Sorry about all of the pictures, but I'm just practicing and seeing what works and what doesn't, but I love the telephoto lens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Traegan is getting so big! Can't wait to see everyone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails