Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Farmers Wonderland


(If the music is too loud, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn it down)

Here in Pennsylvania they have a Farm Show. It is HUGE out here, it is kind of like a fair though, but just in January not in the summertime. It is crazy busy too, I felt like I was back in New York City trying to get on the subway during rush hour. We even had to be shuttled there by a school bus, which Jaedon thought was pretty fun. They have everything from tractors, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, chicken, turkeys, horses, rabbitts, alepecas (llama), and of course craft booths, and the yummy food. We heard they have shakes that are to die for. So we got one, and I must admit they were pretty dang good. They had a rodeo too, and it is even a PRCA one. But due to having kind of sick kids we opted out of that. Some of the events that they have had during the week too were sheep-to-shawl. They had a competition of sheering the sheep, then you would make the wool into yarn, on a spinning wheel, and then make the shawl. It was pretty cool, and then they even had tractor square dancing! That was pretty interesting to watch. (I saw that stuff on the news by the way) So here are some pictures to give you alittle bit of an idea of what it was like. Jaedon just loved it!!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. Jaedon can't take his eyes off the animals!!

Donene said...

I think Jon must have had a blast too with all of those tractors. It sounds like Jaedon had a fun time as well. I don't know about Olivia on the tractor she looked a little uncomfortable. What a great thing to do in the winter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails