Monday, January 28, 2008

Our dear Prophet

It is sad to think that our dear prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, has died. I must say that he has, and is, one of my favorite. He has done so much for our church and a true inspiration and example to us all. But I am so glad that he is finally reuntied with his sweet wife. As I read articles about him, there is just a feeling of peace, and what an impact he had on all people, of all religious beliefs. He was truly called of God. We will miss him, but look forward to what lies ahead.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I was was kindof shocked, even though I guess I shouldn't have been because I think he knew and was preparing us for this the last two conferences. But when we got home from the Jones' last night and turned on the news, there it was. I still just couldn't believe it. I just thought to myself, "I loved him." It is amazing to feel that about someone that you haven't even met. I don't remember feeling that strongly about any other prophet. No pressure on the new prophet! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, being CLEAR on the other side of the U.S., we didn't find out until this morning. I agree with you though about loving someone that you have never met. Unbelievable man!

Donene said...

After Isaac and Mary left last night Dad got on the computer and found out the news and yes I wasn't ready for that news as well but I felt like it must have been a joyous reunion in Heaven and I could here the shouts of joy at his return and the much embracing that must have occurred. he is truly one of the "great and noble ones" and I am sure he was embraced by those other "great and noble ones". We will miss him but his memory and words will always be with us. I KNOW the he was truly a prophet of God!

Donene said...

Sorry, but I wanted to chime in with you fine ladies. you see, I have had the Spirit witness to me that two of the church prophets, that I have known, were truly prophets of God. Gordon B. Hinkley was truly ordained and recognized by God to be his mouth piece in this the last days. I testify to all of you that I know of a surety for as I watched them announce his selection to be the President of the Church and Prophet, Seer and Revelator that the Spirit bore strong witness to me that he was the prophet chosen by the Lord to lead His church in these latter days. I have joyed in his words at conference and in the Priesthood Sessions. I will miss his little quips of humor. Elder Monsons, if the past is any indicator, will be fine leader too. Stick with the Lord in these latter days and He will stick with you. I love you all, Ryan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails