
I put this story on my blog as well, just so you can read it twice! It is that good, now that is, it wasn't at the time.
Well, this weekend has been a very eventful (I don't really have another word for it) one for our family. Let's start the story, which I will tell, if and only if you promise NOT to make fun of me. On Friday morning Nate went down to play basketball and he called me to tell me he was on his way home and that his eye got cut. He asked if we had any liquid bandage or super glue that we could put on his cut. I said that I had bought some for when Ty cut his nose. So I got the stuff out and prepared for his arrival. Well, when he got home he laid down on the bed and told me to just put a little bit on and to be careful. I was VERY CAREFUL and just let a drop come out, but immediately it went ALL over his eye. He jumped up screaming that his eye was super glued and that he couldn't open it. He was also saying (yelling) that the super glue was on his eyeball. AUGHHHHH!!!! Not a good day at the jones'. He asked me to read the box and find out how to get the stuff off. So I got the box and all I could find was, "don't use on face." "don't use near eyes." Great, that doesn't help now does it. So I called the number on the box and they said to use eye makeup remover and/or canola oil. After about an hour of scrubbing and picking, he could open his eye part way. After awhile longer he could open it fully, but it was very sore and raw and very very red. Later he got an infection in it, but don't worry it is all doing much better now. So just remember not to use liquid bandage and/or super glue on faces and espcially not near EYES! and also a note to self: rachel is NOT a nurse! don't laugh
Oh, and Nate is obviously very happy to have me take this picture
3 comments:
Can he still see!? I BET it was an eventful weekend!
Yea, don't worry it is MUCH better! Thanks for not laughing :)
Rachel this is the story of Nate's life. If something weird was going to happen it will happen to him. He would come to me with sticks stuck in his leg and it would take an hour at the ER to get it out, he would get someone's tooth in his elbow and it would take several hours to get that out. Before he was even 2 I think he split his chin open 4 times and had a big slash across his cheek from getting hit by a swing. I thought I would never survive his accidents and he has survived all of them even the big one that almost killed him. I am glad to turn him over to you, you are doing a great job! I love both of you,I am glad that you have each other.
Post a Comment