Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Dog Days of Fall

This is Caitlin's new addition. Yes I know she already has lots of dogs but after this last batch of Dachshund puppies we realized that it would be Lil'y's last so Caitlin thought she would like to try with a new breed. she decided Yorkies would be fun and she has had a little bad luck with finding some with papers. She finally found this cute little girl and her name is Millie. She is very quiet and tiny and Caitlin feels like she is a new Mommy. She brought her up today and we all had fun playing with her.

Jess and Kace are posing or I should say Kace is posing, every time I went to take a picture he had to make some "Mac" pose.

Caitlin with her baby.

Kace came up to go hunting with Mac, Nate and Ryan and when he came back he came to me and said, "Grandma, you remember that every time I come up I forget my swimsuit?" and then continued saying,"Can you find those shorts for me so I can get in the hot tub?" Well that would be fine but I had it on vacation mode so it was only at 67 degrees, not a very "Hot Tub." I told him that it would take a while to warm it up and he said, "That's okay I can wait." Well that lasted about 5 minutes and he was ready to get in. We dared him to get in and get his head wet.




Here he is getting ready to take the plunge, yes it is pretty cold.



I thought this picture turned out pretty good because you can see the water as he burst up after taking the dive into the cold water. Oh, Kace you are a funny boy.
I have to tell another funny story that happened this week and I am sorry that I didn't get any pictures. On Wednesday I didn't have to work so Mr. Jones decided he didn't have to work either. I was just sitting at the counter ready to eat my cereal when he asked me if there were any bucks out there that he could shoot. I was sitting by the sliding doors so I looked out at the mountain and sure enough up on the skyline I could see 2 deer that looked pretty big. So I told him, " Well for a matter of fact there is." He hurried to get his binoculars and got real excited and ran for his gun. The next thing I knew he was standing out on the deck in his garments shooting at the deer. If you know how far the skyline is on top of the mountain it is a pretty far shot. I watched as the deer kind of looked at this funny man down the mountain wearing bright white clothes and eventually after emptying his gun and reloading and emptying his gun again, they ran over the top. After all of the excitement wore down, Mr. Jones said, "What are the chances that I would ask you that question and you would look out and see those big bucks." I said, "I don't know but I bet you looked pretty funny to them and I bet they died laughing as they ran over the hill." With that he hurried and got dressed to see if he did any damage. He came home later and said, "I guess I needed a gun that would shoot farther." Oh, Mr. Jones!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha...I can totally see dad doing that. I woke up many a times to firing gun shots. :) I can't believe Caitlin has another dog. That girl is crazy!! So why is it Lily's last? Oh, I forgot about her legs. Kace is one crazy kid! Must take after his dad. ;)

Jessica J. said...

Ok- so does anybody else feel like Kace already has a Halloween costume on in the last pic of him in the hot-tub. I'm pretty sure he dressed up as a skeleton...or a jew... either one works. Good thing this is a family site- I could really probably get in trouble for saying that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails