Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am thankful for...

Atonement, I am thankful that I had a Savior who knew how imperfect I would be and made it possible to return to Him by atoning for all of my sins. I am also thankful for airplanes, aunts, April (the month I was born in), all of His creations, and apples.
Baptism, because then I can make the steps to make it back to Heaven. I am thankful for babies and their sweet smells, my back so I can walk, beds so I can sleep, Book of Mormon, my body even though I judge it harshly, books, Bryce, breathing, bread, bishops especially the one I have now, and blessings that I receive everyday.
Christ, I am so thankful for Him and all that he has blessed me with, children they are the bright spot in my day and my life and I am so grateful for my own, cars so I can get where I need to be, Christmas so we can celebrate His birth, candy it makes my life sweeter, camping, I know Ryan will wonder about this one but I have lots of fond memories of our camping trips, Carson, Caitlin, cousins, clothes, computers, canyons, cherries, chocolate and the coolness of the summer breeze.
Daylight, I love when the sun first comes up in the morning and the peace and beauty of the day, daisies, day lilies, dianthus (these are all flowers), Dads and especially the one that I have. I don't know a more humble man and he has brought me so much joy. I am grateful that I was named after him so I guess I would add Don and Donene to the list and I am thankful for Doug.
Eternal Life, I am thankful that I have that to look forward to because how sad would it be if this life was all that we had. Everyday life and the surprises it brings each day. Eternal companion, I am so grateful for him and that I have the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with him so far it has been a pretty good trip. I am thankful for Evan, examples that I have had in my life, ears to hear, education, earth, and the excitement of each new day.
Fathers, I have mentioned the one I have and of course I love the father of my children, and I love the Father that I have in heaven. Family, I love my family and I am so grateful for the one that I have been blessed with they are definitely the brightest spot in my day. I am thankful for food, flowers, fruit, fabric, football games, furniture and just having fun.
Grandparents, I am grateful for the heritage that I was born into, what great people they are and what sacrifices they made to become the people that they are. I am thankful for gardens, grandchildren and green grass.
Home, holidays, the joy of hearing, hiking, honesty, my health, and of course hot tubs.
I am thankful for Isaac, ice cream, and having insurance.
I am thankful for Jon, Jaedon and Jessica.
Kace, knowledge, and knitting.
Layne, laughter, and lakes.
My mom who has always been there for me and is one of my best friends, Melanie, MacArthur, Mary, moonlight, memories, mountains, music, money, mothers, movies, milk, and I am so thankful for my mattress.
Nathan, night and the nativity.
Olivia, ordinances, ocean, and listening to organ music.
Priesthood, parents, prophets, parties, people, piano, pioneers, peaches, paint, and I am so thankful for my pillow.
Quiet, quorums, and quilts.
Ryan, Rachel, Rainee, rivers, righteousness, rain, and rocks. When Mac was little he said in a prayer that he was thankful for rocks, he was very sincere about it so I began to look at rocks in a whole new light.
Scriptures, smells, seasons, sleep, shelter, shoes, sunsets, sight, summertime, and the newness of spring.
Tydon, teachers, trees, truth, temples, testimony, trials, telephones, and what would I do without toilet paper?
Understanding and universities.
Virtue, in world where virtue is not cherished I am so thankful for virtuous young women. I am thankful for vacations and vegetables.
Wisdom, warmth, women, waterfalls, and warm showers.
eXcellence.
Young Women, yellow, and yarn.
Zzzz's especially at this time of night.
Yes, I am blessed and I definitely have so many things that I am thankful for at this time of Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and I am thankful for such a sweet, loving mother! :)

Rachel said...

That was a great post. You are very creative (of course we already knew that! :) )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails