I don't know if others feel like I do, but callings in the church are interesting. I have always felt that you can't get too possesive of the calling that you have because it will be changed soon and it will just be someone else's turn to have that calling. Also I find it funny that when you get a new calling you cry and then when you get released from that calling you cry as well. You cry when you're called and cry when you're released. Well today is one of those days when you cry when you get released. Our Stake YW Presidency was released today and it kind of is a sad day because I have had such a wonderful association with these three women. When I was called I hardly knew them and now they are my best friends. We have spent countless hours praying and working together for the YW leaders and the YW of the Franklin Stake. So I guess it is kind of a bittersweet day. I will be happy to be able to spend more time at home on Sunday and not worry about the YW activities but I will miss working with these women and the YW in the Stake. I think of the Trek, girls camp, ward conferences, Stake leadership, Stake youth council, Tri Stake dances, Standards night, Evening of Excellence, New Beginnings, Presidency meeting, trips to Salt Lake, Senior dinner, Super Saturday, speaking in wards and in Stake Conference (this is definitely something I won't miss). and the Priest and Laurel acitivites and wonder what I will do not worrying about what comes next. I will enjoy as I said being home more and getting to know more people in my own ward.
Today was fun because Mac, Jessica, and Isaac showed up in Sacrament meeting and surprised me just because they wanted to come and visit. Jessica had made chicken enchilada's so I didn't even have to worry about making dinner. Thanks Jessica! Because I had been released in Sacrament meeting I didn't have to leave for our YM, YW meeting and was able to stay for the whole meeting, otherwise I would have missed their surprise. So there are good things that happened
today too. So thanks to these wonderful women Pam Petterborg, Annette Hansen, and Pam Keller, it has been a fun three years working with you and I have learned a lot from all of you. Because of this release I may not see these women for awhile and our relationships will change but I will always have the happy memories which I will always be grateful for.

Thank You it has been GREAT!
5 comments:
aaaahhhhh... Oh, mother how I love you!! You are awesome, and truly called into those positions for a reason. You have always been good with the youth, and such an example to all! I love you!!
On to the next position! :)
Yesterday was a whirlwind for me and I hardly know what to do next, but thankfully I have two great mom's who have been great examples to me and who I can call when I need help! :)......and I am sure I will need it!
Bittersweet feelings! I remember 3 short years ago feeling those exact same feelings when we were released in our ward.You have made such an impact on so many lives...mine especially! I don't think I've ever told you how much of an impact you have made on my life. In fact I am eternally grateful for our friendship - you were there when I needed someone the most. THANK YOU!!!!
Cindy, you made me cry, I miss those times we had and I will cherish them always. Thanks!
You are so amazing and I just know you were the best leader! I'm sure the girls and all the other ward leaders will miss you being in the stake presidency.
Post a Comment