Kace and Tydon came up Friday night to stay the night while Rachel and Nate cleaned their grout and resealed their tile in their kitchen. We had started making a gingerbread house the Saturday before but Kace had to leave before it was finished. So of course the first order of business was to finish the gingerbread house! Kace couldn't wait to get started and because Tydon had just woke up he wasn't up to much but just wanting to eat the candy. Kace decided that I should put on the frosting and he would put on the candy and we couldn't stop until it was all finished. When I had seen him on Wednesday I had asked him if he was ready to finish his house and he said," do you have any fish?" meaning Swedish fish, I answered,"no, but I will get some." Well I had a big bag of fish and we definitely ate more than we put on the house! He then wanted to eat himself (he had made a gingerbread snowman representing him and Tydon and had put it in front of the house.) I told him that he had to wait until his Mom was able to see it and of course the first thing he did when Rachel came was say, "See my house Mom", and then took the snowman and started eating it.
You can see in this picture that Tydon is still half awake but not too tired to eat!

The house was still there the next morning and the Christmas mice had not eaten it during the night.
In the afternoon after playing in the hot tub and eating lunch we realized that Tydon was being very quiet and we went through the house trying to find him. I thought he was probably in the play room but after looking we found that he wasn't there. Caitlin went outside to see if she could see him but I told her that he didn't have any shoes on so he shouldn't be far. She looked for a few minutes and then looked up on the hillside and saw Tydon marching up the mountain after the dogs, bare feet and all. Remember those deer pictures that Ryan always takes, well the little speck on the hillside is Tydon. We got him down and put his shoes on and he spent the rest of the afternoon exploring with Kace.
Kace had to have a picture with Millie and her Santa hat. We had a lot of fun with Tydon and Kace and Tydon was very well behaved. As soon as Rachel and Nate came in the afternoon he saw Rachel and just started to cry. He had not cried the whole time he was with us and I don't know if now that his Mom was here he could just let it all out or what but the rest of the night he kind of had a hard time.
The rest of the pictures are of our Christmas decorations, the tree is up and decorated so it is getting to feel a lot like CHRISTMAS!
You can see in this picture that Tydon is still half awake but not too tired to eat!
The house was still there the next morning and the Christmas mice had not eaten it during the night.In the afternoon after playing in the hot tub and eating lunch we realized that Tydon was being very quiet and we went through the house trying to find him. I thought he was probably in the play room but after looking we found that he wasn't there. Caitlin went outside to see if she could see him but I told her that he didn't have any shoes on so he shouldn't be far. She looked for a few minutes and then looked up on the hillside and saw Tydon marching up the mountain after the dogs, bare feet and all. Remember those deer pictures that Ryan always takes, well the little speck on the hillside is Tydon. We got him down and put his shoes on and he spent the rest of the afternoon exploring with Kace.

Kace had to have a picture with Millie and her Santa hat. We had a lot of fun with Tydon and Kace and Tydon was very well behaved. As soon as Rachel and Nate came in the afternoon he saw Rachel and just started to cry. He had not cried the whole time he was with us and I don't know if now that his Mom was here he could just let it all out or what but the rest of the night he kind of had a hard time.The rest of the pictures are of our Christmas decorations, the tree is up and decorated so it is getting to feel a lot like CHRISTMAS!




3 comments:
Looks very good!! I don't think there is that much green. It all looks great. The gingerbread house looked very yummy as well. I can't believe Tydon! I would have been freakin' out. Crazy little kiddos. :)
Your Christmas decor looks so beautiful! You are so talented!
I guess it has been a week since I have looked at the blog! (imagine that!) Thanks for watching to boys, it was VERY NICE to check that off my to do list :)
Post a Comment