On the Tuesday before Christmas when I was working I saw Dr. Wood and he asked me if I had any surprises in the last 3 days, I told him no, only a root canal, and of course he said, "That isn't a surprise!" I then started to quiz him about his question and he said, Oh, Jon called me and I was talking to him, and I immediately said, "ARe they coming?" he then started to back track and change the subject and wouldn't give me a straight answer, so it got my curiosity going. I went home and asked Ryan if he knew anything about them coming, He answered, "no", so I didn't really think about it after that. On Christmas though I started wondering about it because I talked with Rainee and she told me that my Christmas gift was combined with Ryan's and that it would also be our birthday and Mother's day and Father's day gift but she wasn't sure if it would be delivered on Christmas or the day after. That started me thinking some more and so I asked Caitlin if she knew if Jon and Mel were coming, she told me no, also. At about 11:00 am Mel called and I asked her about her Christmas and about the weather in Pennsylvania. She told me they were just "vegging" on the couch and that it was sunny and warm. We were having a major snowstorm at the time so I thought, Oh. she is really in PA. We talked for about an hour and she told me all about their Christmas and then she said that she had to go because they were about to watch a movie. After we said our goodbyes, I thought, Well she isn't coming she is in Pennsylvania where it is warm. Soon after getting off of the phone with her Jessica, Mac, Mary and Isaac showed up and then Nate, Rachel, Tydon and Kace came. It was great to have all of them come and it was feeling much more like Christmas. Then I looked over and up the stairs came Jon, Mel, Jaedon and Olivia, I screamed and probably scared Olivia, but it was so surreal and my mind kept telling me that I had just talked with Mel and she was in Pennsylvania???? I said "Where were you when I was talking with you?", and she told me that they were sitting at the bottom of Cub river road waiting for everyone to get here and then they got stuck in the snow and had to wait for someone to come and get them. WOW, what a great surprise!!! Rainee came with her 4 boys the next day so for the last week we have been playing everyday. Doug flew in on New Years Eve so we had everyone here for the New Year, it was simply fantastic and so much fun, Thank You so much to everyone for our great SURPRISE!!!
So we all had fun in the snow, here is Bryce he looks like the kid in the Christmas Story that falls down and can't get up.









2 comments:
It was such a fun time. I don't want to get back into normalcy again.
It was very fun and I am glad that it still stayed a surprise, even though some of us had to lie about it. ;) We had a great time!
Post a Comment