Tonight as I am waiting for Mr. Jones to come in from plowing snow that we received today, I looked out the front door and in my mind I went through the gate and went to a place far away.

This place was green and had beautiful spring flowers, it was warm and I could feel the sunshine streaming on my face.

As I walked down the path and close to the fence I could smell the sweet roses, blossoms spilling down the rusty old gate.

It was a place far, far away but just imagining it in my mind made me feel inspired. I want to trim a tree like this some day and walk down the path to the barn up ahead.

I can breathe in the smell of the freshly snipped herbs and can't wait to put my hands in the warm dark earth.

Then on my old trusty bike take a trip to the neighbor to deliver an armful of pink, amber blossoms.

The colors of spring are so vivid in my head.

But for now I will just look out the window and see just the white, and remember the place I went in my head.
2 comments:
I am SO ready for spring as well!! Mom, I never knew you were a fan of Milli Vinilli! :) Just wait you will appreciate the snow when the HOT weather comes.
I want to go to that place.
Post a Comment