Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday DAD!!

Today is my Dad's birthday believe it or not he is 76 years old! I just want to tell you a little about what a great man he is. He is kind of a quiet fellow but will let you know the important things in life. He is the father of 6 kids, 5 daughters and 1 son. I grew up in the gym with him as he was a coach for many years. He taught school and then retired when he was 45 years old and bought a herd of sheep and never worked harder in his life. He is a great example to us all and we love him dearly. This was a picture of him and Mom walking down our canyon a few weeks ago at the egg hunt. What a great example of a husband he is.
He loves family events and we enjoy his stories and he has always made everything fun for his grandchildren.
I have always loved this picture, we were on a camping trip in Wyoming with all of us and as you can see the babies were not having a great day but look at his face, that's my Dad! By the way the 2 babies are Mac and Colter.
He loves his grandchildren and his grandchildren love him! a ride on the horse was a great treat and I think he has had a horse for almost as long as any of the grandchildren can remember. Caitlin and Morgan are having a ride in this picture.
He loves to fish and hunt and he is usually the winner of the big fish contest and who can't visit grandpa without visiting his fish pond.
I had to put these 2 pictures in because he has always had sheep or helped my Grandpa Marriott with his. To let you know what great shape he is in, he has sheared the sheep that he has at the house until this year. He decided maybe he would hire someone to do it for him this year and even with the help he was still down there bagging all of the wool for the shearer.
Another picture of fish, I think all of us have at least one picture of us with grandpa and fish. Ryan had his picture taken with him this day.
We love to visit Grandpa! Here is Nate, Isaac, Erik, Mel, and Bennett at Grandpa's House.

Remember the pet contest with the Great Pyrenees puppies, of course Caitlin and Karli were the able to show them and win a blue ribbon. I think those two could start a shelter for animals and love every animal they took in.

Here is a picture of him with Carolyn, Donene, and Frank. Isn't he just the most handsome man!

A picture of him in high school, no wonder so many girls had crushes on him.

He is a great athlete, I say is because he not only was a great athlete as a youth but has been for his whole life. He still coached the young men in basketball this year and had a phenomenal season.
Here is the heart breaker again. Dad, Grandpa we love you and you have been such a great part of our lives and every memory we have of you has been so great. You have shared your strong testimony with us and love the Lord, you served your country, you have served your fellowman, served 2 missions and you have served all of us. We can't ask for a better Dad and we want to honor you this day. Happy Birthday DAD! We love you!!

6 comments:

Sammy said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa Shaw! He is the sweetest man ever. such a sweet cute grandpa.

The Obergs said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa Shaw!! I just love this man. He is the quintessential grandpa figure. I'm so glad that I can say I'm part of his family.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!! You are everything that my mom explained and more. You have truly been an example for all. So loving and giving in everything you do and say! We love you!!!

Sandra and Rob said...

Sounds like an amazing man. Great Tribute

Rainee said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!! We love you so much.

Rachel said...

Happy birthday to Grandpa! He always makes me smile :) We love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails