Monday, October 12, 2009

It must be hunting season!

It was the opening of deer hunting in Idaho on Saturday. I know it seems like it has been the opening of something every weekend! Nate and Ryan were excited to go out and see what they could find. It was a cold morning and they were freezing as they were hiking. They came home early in the afternoon and that means either they were so exhausted from hiking or they got something early and had to come back. I assumed it was the first until Nate said that I needed to go out and check out his deer. He acted like he was excited about it so I went out to see it and it had jumped out of the back of the truck and started chasing him. The deer was mad that he had shot him and was out for revenge!!
He was still tagged and he started running up the hill and Nate thought, "Oh, No he is getting away with my tag." so Nate started running after him and yelled at me to get the gun so he could shoot him again. I grabbed the gun and ran after him chasing the deer. I caught up to him and threw him the rifle and he pulled up and shot him right through the heart and the sneaky thing fell over dead. Here is the picture after he caught up to him, Nate thought he better slit it's throat so he wouldn't run away again. That's what they get for loading there own bullets, they must not have loaded them correctly and the deer wasn't really dead!!
Here is Nate proud that he finally brought the big guy down!
Here is Nate and Ryan after they made sure he was dead.
I'm sure Ryan and Nate have a different deer story so if you want to hear their version you will have to call them and get the details.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA... That first picture reminded me of when dad came walking in with his big elk when we lived in Taylor! :) Looks like a good one. Way to go boys! It's about time!! ;)

Rachel said...

hehehe we loved this story. nate was laughing the entire time we were reading it. Now to make some more jerkey

I am sure they have their own story, but since this is your blog you can say whatever you want! :)

Donene said...

Caitlin wanted me to clarify that this story was not really true, she said, "Mom, what if someone believes you!" For those of you out there that might have believed my tall tale it is not true.
Hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Love the story. Made me think of when Nate and Kerry were really chased by a moose (or was it Kerry and Bennett????) anyway, what a fun story and great pictures that make it almost believable.

The Obergs said...

hahah, what a great story. You have to know it's hunting season when you feel like a widow for two months worth of weekends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails