First, I will tell you a story about Nate when he was about Tydon's age. We were going to school at BYU and I was only working about once every 2 weeks because I had 2 little ones at home. Needless to say we were very poor college students. I had wanted a new bedspread to put on my bed and had saved money for the material to make one and found a great deal at a discount fabric store. I made the bedspread and I was so happy to have something new in my house.
One afternoon while Rainee was napping I was doing something in the kitchen and decided I better check on Nate to see why he was being so quiet. I went into my room and found him with my sharp sewing scissors and then saw what he had been working on. The bedspread was hanging over the edge of the bed and he had taken the scissors and made little fringes all along the edges. Needless to say I was not very happy and there was a lot of screaming going on and Nate was put into timeout for a very long time. I was very sad for days because I had to live with that bedspread for a very long time because I didn't have the money to replace it. I wasn't able to laugh for a very long time about this incident. But I can now and I can laugh at the incident that I am about to tell you about and it has only been a couple of days. I must be older and wiser.
This is a picture of Tydon who is definitely his Father's child.Now to tell you about how alike he really is. The other night Ryan, I and Kace were in the computer room and we thought that Caitlin and Tydon were in my bedroom watching TV. Ryan got up and went into the bedroom and all of the sudden I heard Ryan say" Oh, Grandma is going to be very mad at you." I got up to go into the bedroom and I did start screaming, "No, No, NO," and then heard Caitlin yell." Go to bed right now, you are in timeout." He also had my very, very sharp scissors in his hands and I guess when Ryan came into the room he saw Tydon gripping the scissors with two hands and they were embedded in the middle of a ball of yarn that was sitting by my chair. He had pretty much made spaghetti of the yarn. He was working on the second ball of yarn and we then saw the rest of the destruction. He was holding the scissors like a pair of shears and was chopping at about what ever he could find that he could cut. Luckily we were in the room after about 5 minutes because I later thought of all the more he could have done. I had been working on a project, these cute little headbands and I had a pair of my circular stainless steel knitting needles to work on the project. They are made of a pretty strong wire and he had cut them into 3 places. He had also fringed the project I had been working on. I then looked at my leather ottoman and I guess he had decided to see if those shears would cut that as well. So I guess if you pass on a trait of yourself that sometimes it is intensified. I did shed a few tears and I felt sad. I wasn't angry at Tydon but I felt so bad at the destruction that had been done in such a little time. Kace did say later it probably was good that his Dad wasn't here because he would have been yelling very, very loud.
Here is the project I was working on and I did complete after Caitlin took Kace and Tydon to Logan and found replacements for the knitting needles and yarn. When I got home that afternoon Tydon gave me a hug and told me he was sorry. I don't think he knew the destruction that he did only that he was thinking "Wow, look how cool these scissors are when you pull them back and forth."
Here is the other project I had with the pink yarn, it is finished now and I was able to replace it.


2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I can laugh because it wasn't my child! But as I was reading it, I thought of what I would have done if I would have found my child in that situation. Let's just say that they would have very sore bottoms for a very long time, and would have to sleep in the chair in timeout! I can totally see Dad saying that Grandma is going to be mad, and then you saying no,no, NO! And then Caitlin telling him to go to bed. I am sorry, but it does make a great story! :)
Well I am NOT laughing, except at the part where Kace said that his dad would have been yelling very very loud. We are coming RIGHT NOW :)
Post a Comment