Over Memorial day weekend the Jones' had a family reunion. Everyone was there except for Jon and Mel's family and they just moved to Nebraska, so I think they were a little tired of being in the car and traveling. Next year, maybe all of us can be there! We drove to Henry's Lake and rented a lodge that had 11 beds in it! It had 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and plenty of space for all of us to sleep in a bed and stretch out. I think even some of the beds were empty, ( that's amazing!) It was a cold rainy weekend but we didn't let that spoil our fun.
Here is McKenly and Caitlin having some fun! There are a lot of pictures so get ready for the show!
There was a hot tub right out side the door so the boys thought that was pretty fun
We celebrated Rainee's birthday and she made this great Cold Stone concoction. It was German Chocolate cake and she mixed brownie, pecans, coconut, and Carmel into chocolate ice cream and it was "To die for".
On Saturday the fishing season opened and these die hard fishermen were up at the crack of dawn to get a jump on those biting fish. I think it was 36 degrees outside but this didn't slow them down. Don't you love Nate's "stretchy pants!" We just wished we looked that good in them!
Here is the crew ready to go! Kace is still in his pajama's, he just wanted to get in the picture.
Yes, it was freezing!
Later on in the day it warmed up so we went outside exploring, here are the 6 ban dido's doing what they do best, posing and climbing!
The fishing was good even though it was so cold they had a difficult time holding on to their poles!
Here is Rainee and McKenly, I have a hard time getting a good picture of McKenly because she loves to pull these funny faces and when she looks at the camera she starts to go cross eyed and her eyes get really big trying to focus on what I am doing!
On Saturday afternoon the fishermen were froze so we decided to go into Yellowstone Park. At Old Faithful it was snowing until right before the geyser was to erupt. Evan wouldn't look at the camera because he was afraid he would miss the geyser going off. He stared at it for ten minutes watching very intently and kept asking if it had gone off yet. Then right before it erupted he said"Grandma I need to go potty!" We convinced him to hold it because he would miss the whole show! Doug then quickly ran him to the bathroom.
Kace and Carson striking a funny pose. We had to have our traditional ice cream in the lodge, even though it was cold, the ice cream is delicious, Thanks, Grandpa. A funny story about the ice cream. The boys all had their cones and went out by the large rock fireplace in the lodge to finish eating their ice cream. I looked over to see Tydon on his hands and knees licking the floor. ( I wish I would have had a picture!) I guess he dropped some of his ice cream on the floor and didn't want to miss any of the goodness. Rachel then yelled at him to stop! and then Kace who was standing next to him said, "It's okay he learned it from my Dad!' Then Nate said, "No, I just do it on the counter, not on the floor!" It was pretty funny to see the old people's faces sitting in the chairs by them. Mary and Isaac were sitting in the chairs by all of the boys and the people around them commented on how many boys they had. ( They thought all of them were theirs!)
Here we are in our familiar picture taking place!
Here is a cute headband that Jessica gave McKenly.
Grandpa and McKenly.
After church on Sunday, Oh, by the way, in the Island Park ward on a holiday Sunday there was about 3500 people there! We saw the Taggert's from Liberty and they were all there with their family as well. It was good to see them, their family all grew Up! On Sunday afternoon we had a game marathon playing Bang! and the Great Dalmuti! Sorry, Mary for shooting you in the game, Bang but I was pretty sure you were the Renegade and the Sheriff can't take his chances with those type of people.
Isaac played a great "Pecan" in the game the Great Dalmuti. Pecan was the word Kace used for "Peon". I decided if Isaac was the "Pecan" I might as well be the coconut!
This out side the Lodge where we stayed and the gazebo thing to the left is the hot tub.
The sun came out and we decided to take a walk.
The lake is beautiful and there are tons of pelicans.
The boys loved looking at the fish, there were many that you could see from the bank that were spawning.
Here is Bryce checking out the "Dead Tish Head". I think he is going to grow up to be a plumber!
Mac and Jessica jumping with the boys, there is that plumber Bryce again.
We had to have a silly group photo, those are the ones that we do best!
I didn't realize how much like Father, like Son, these two really are. They even sleep the same!
Layne caught a fish!
This is the before picture!!
This is the after picture! Caitlin had a hard time getting out of the boat and she got dumped in the lake. Sorry, Caitlin! Now it is funny but it scared her pretty good.
Grandpa and Tydon.
The Fishermen.
Evan is determined he is not going to look at Grandma's camera!
Tydon was so cute with McKenly, here he is rocking her to sleep.
WE had a great time and it was so fun to vacation all together!
































4 comments:
What a great trip! Thanks for the memories :)
I really wish that you could comment on each little picture. But I cracked up at the picture with Bryce and his plumber bob shot! Give me a quarter so I can play the slots!! And why was Caitlin so scared? Doesn't she know how to swim? Or was she afraid of the fish spawning with her? ;) Looks like you guys had a very fun time, and yes hopefully next year we will make it. :)
Caitlin got caught under the boat for a minute and that scared her, plus the water was super cold and when you hit that water you want to take a breath so badly. She was most worried about losing her shoe though when she got out, but Dad spotted it and it was retrieved.
Poor Caitlin, that water would be so cold. Don't worry about Bang Donene, just wait until next time. We enjoyed being together as a family and it was a nice break from work. I think I gained a few pounds being in close quarters with bad weather. We missed Mel's family and are excited to see them again. Thanks for a great trip! Mary
Post a Comment