On Saturday Kace was baptized! I can't believe that he is 8! It was a great day and it will have some great memories in my mind and it also taught me some simple truths.
It is hard to get Kace to smile at times but here is one of his best!
Tydon wasn't sure if he wanted his picture but finally gave me one of his great smiles as well.
Here is Kace with his friend Christian who was baptized just a few months before.
I have to just tell about the sweet experience that touched my heart. I have thought about it all weekend. After the confirmation the Bishop's counselor asked Rachel to bear her testimony. Which was great by the way, then little Tydon really wanted to bear his testimony and wanted to get up right after she was finished. I think Rachel told him to wait and he was having a hard time holding still. Then after Rachel was finished the Bishop's Counselor got up again and then invited anyone who wanted to bear their testimonies to do so. Well, little Tydon was excited to stand and began by saying very sincerely, " I want to share my Monster Trucks," well as soon as that came out of his mouth everyone began to snicker and laugh, and because Tydon is so sensitive he hurried and sat down by his Mom and began to cry. Ryan, I, Ted, and Kaylene, (Rachel's parents), bore our testimonies and then Tydon was asked to say the closing prayer. When he got up Rachel went up with him and then Rachel knelt beside him to help him if he needed help with the prayer. Well as soon as Rachel knelt down, Tydon knelt and folded his arms. He then said the sweetest prayer which of course included thanking his Father in Heaven for his Monster trucks. I will forever have that tender mercy of a picture in my mind of an innocent 3 year old kneeling with his arms folded to say a prayer in front of a group at his brother's confirmation. I then thought how sincere he was about thanking for his Monster trucks. I then thought about what we as adults thank our Father for and is their much of a difference? Ryan then said to me later, "If you were the parents who had given him the Monster trucks wouldn't you feel appreciative knowing how much he was thankful for them and isn't our Father in Heaven just as appreciative of us when we thank Him for those things that we are thankful for. It's just that a 3 year old world is just a little smaller and simpler than ours. So thanks Tydon! I am glad you are thankful for your Monster trucks!




3 comments:
Thanks Tydon. There is so much we can learn from little children. Sometimes we get too caught up in things and forget real meanings to things at times.
Congratulations to Kace for being baptized and making that decision. Wish we could have been there to witness and celebrate.
oh my gosh, I can not believe he is 8 already! When I joined the family he was just a little toddler. So crazy how fast the time goes. It looked like it was a beautiful day.
P.S. Donene, you look amazing! I meant to tell you last weekend, but I never got a chance to talk to you one on one. Also, Kaitlin is looking really good too.
That is almost word for word what I wrote in my journal Sat night. It was such a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing it with us. I will post a little later on it.....I have a lot of updating to do :)
Post a Comment