Christmas morning was exciting for me because Ryan actually really surprised me! I usually have a clue of what my gift is about to be because he usually has me make a list and then he always asks me the specifics on the gift and by his specifics i usually figure out what it is. Don't get me wrong, I love the gifts I get from him because it is usually exactly what I want! Well this year he didn't have me make a list and I figured with all of the construction projects I have made him do, that would be my gift which would have been great because he finished the roof over the hot tub and the soffit and fascia was finished and it looks fantastic. He also hung the TV in our bedroom and because I have such a difficult time seeing cords running up the wall he put an outlet behind the TV and also an HDMI outlet so there is no cord going up the wall from the blue ray player. It is awesome because it looks like just a picture hanging on the wall and there are no cords and you can watch TV or a movie and it is magical! Thanks Ryan, I really like what you can do!
So when I found this huge gift under the tree, I was really surprised! I have a treadmill that I have used for almost 25 years and believe it or not it still works! The screen doesn't work anymore and the tread is pretty worn but you can get on it and do a work out. ( by the way if anyone would like it, you are sure welcome to it, otherwise it will probably be going to the DI, just let me know.) Well, I guess you guessed what my gift was and it is fantastic! I love it and technology has come a long way in 25 years!
Here it is and Mac and Ryan even set it up in my exercise room, I tried it out before leaving and it is so great!!
Mac and Jess stayed overnight and it was so fun to have them and Caitlin at our house to spend this exciting holiday with there boring empty Nester parents. Thanks for coming it was so fun!
After seeing my gift I felt like I should run to the store and buy Ryan some more gifts!
I had to take a picture of this gift that Ryan wrapped, it is functional and it works, he couldn't find the clear tape so he used duct tape. Do you see why I love him so much!
Guess what Mac found? Yup, he found the pickle! It is a lot more fun when Caitlin has some competition in the finding.
Here are the two that didn't find the pickle!
This was a cool gift that Mac found at an antique shop, and antique scale! and this is one gift that Jessica was sure Ryan would never guess before he opened it. ( he did not guess what it was!) It is really cool, he loved it and so do I!
Okay, for the rest of this beautiful Christmas day we traveled on a plane to Papillion Nebraska to see these cute kiddo's!
They were asleep when we arrived but in the middle of the night I heard these little footsteps coming down the stairs and then in a minute little Olivia climbed over Grandpa and snuggled between us. We were going to be a surprise and Jon had told Jaedon and Livy that in the morning there would be another Christmas surprise down in Jaedon's room. I think Livy had that in her head when she went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night and came down to see what the surprise was. She may have been sleep walking because she acted surprised in the morning when they came down and found Grandpa and Grandma hiding under the covers! It was a nice gift for me though to have her snuggle in the middle of the night.
As you can see by the picture above, Jaedon got his roller coaster and it is very cool!
Livy got her baby that "poops".
She can feed it baby food.
and the food comes out the same color it went in! this is what she really wanted and she is so cute to watch as she mothers this little pooping baby and changes her diaper.
Sofia has loved these beads that Olivia got from Tydon, I think she has asked many times a day to open the jar and make some creative jewelry.
I had to take this cute picture of her in the cupcake hat. she has the most beautiful eyes! I felt bad though because when she came down to see Grandpa and Grandma surprise she snuggled for awhile, she is the best snuggler and I love it! After snuggling she climbed off the bed and was playing with Olivia's doll and sitting on her new chair and she kind of moved around on the chair and fell over backwards and hit the back of her head on the shelf. Ryan grabbed her and sure enough there was blood. I took her upstairs with my hand around her head and by the time I got upstairs it was full of blood. Jon helped wash off her head and was looking for the gash and he was wearing his brand new white Christmas dress shirt and got blood all over it.
Dr. Jon was sure wishing he had some suture! We kept some pressure on it with a towel and I remembered that I had some dermabond in my bag, I always love to have that stuff. When I am working in the OR if something is opened and not used, we can take it home because they can't re sterilize it or I should say that they don't, so I had put it in my bag while at work and remember seeing it while on the plane looking for some gum in the bottom of the bag. It worked great and saved a trip to the ER. Needless to say Jon didn't get to wear his brand new Christmas shirt to church!
Livy is quite the poser! or I should say O livia, because she corrects me when I say Livy. She tells me her name is O livia!
It has been great to spend time with these cute little grankids and we are having tons of fun!!
3 comments:
Every time I see pictures of your house I think it looks so beautiful. We'll have to come up some time to check it out.
I love your Christmas surprise. I would kill for a treadmill (and space for a treadmill) right about now. The school gym is closed until Jan and I'm not about to go running around outside. My exercise endorphins are pretty low...
Your Christmas looked fabulous. I'm glad you got to see so many of your kids.
Jessica is looking smoking hot for Christmas morning :)
I am glad you were surprised and that you liked it. I was a little nervous....
Have fun in Nebraska!
Christmas looks like it was quite the hit! And especially like Dad's wrapped present that he gave you! :) Classic. And we are loving having you hear. And are grateful that you had some dermabond in your purse.
Post a Comment