We started Christmas Eve early in the afternoon. We started out by making some kits for the soldiers in Germany. It was fun to start out with a service project and I think we will have to keep this tradition. (Kace was even able to help out!) I think he mostly came in to hear what we were giggling about, we had found an old gift that Nate had given me in Kindergarten and it was a cook book that the students had made up themselves. We were reading the recipe's out loud and laughing at how funny they were. I think Nate's recipe for chocolate chip cookies was a classic. This was his recipe:
5 cups of chocolate chips
1 bucket of sugar
2 pours of milk
bake in the oven for 1 minute and then eat with milk.
some of these pictures are out of order but here we are waiting to open gifts, but it looks like Kace is already going for it!
Lincoln with his push button toy, ( he loves to push buttons.)
Here is the pinata that we had to find a place to break, this house really has no place conducive for pinata breaking.
As you can see, Nate and Mac are holding it on a big pole, I know this looks rather dangerous! (Ryan did not want to put a hook in the ceiling so we had to get rather creative.)
We thought it would be safer not to blindfold and besides it was one tough pinata to break. As you can see the biggest area we had to do it was in out bedroom.
Kace was finally the winner! He broke it and the bottom fell out!
Help, I need more or bigger hands!
Lincoln got one piece of candy and stopped gathering and did this!
Trevor was not sure what all of the commotion was all about!
Tydon was so fun to watch open gifts, I don't think anyone could be more excited than he was to see what he got. Everything he got was the best present ever, and what he wanted!
This was Trevor's gift from Sofia.
Even Millie was festive for the occasion.
Kace was excited about his treasure box and was able to put all of his treasures from the pinata in it!
We had a very fun evening and it was so great to have little kiddo's to watch, Christmas really is about children! I forgot to take pictures of our wonderful dinner but it was delicious and I ate too much!
2 comments:
Looks super fun! And I am glad that now you are here. :)
So much fun! I think TY might need a crossbow for his birthday :) Thanks for the fun time!
Post a Comment