Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas parties!

I will first start out with what we did last night. It wasn't a party but it surely put me in the Christmas spirit.
We went to Temple square and looked at the beautiful lights.
 
Tried to stay warm and bundled up.

Watched the nativity story.

I love how lifelike this nativity is.


Then went to the Christmas concert with the Tabernacle choir. (Ryan really was more excited to be there.)
You can't see much ( I had my flash off, so sorry about the blurriness.) but it was beautiful and I loved how clear and beautiful David Archuleta's voice was.
It was spectacular!

Then this last week we celebrated a few things. On Saturday we had our Shaw party and we all got together and ate delicious finger foods. (foods that you can eat with your fingers, not food made out of fingers.)
Then the Hogge's brought a fun game. We all divided up into groups of three and were given the same ingredients, namely Symphony bars, peanut butter cups, chocolate and candy canes. We were also given a roll of tape and our instructions were to make a sleigh from the above ingredients. We just had to make sure we used every piece of candy.  We then raced them down some banquet tables to see whose was the fastest.
We are all pretty competitive. (I wonder who that comes from?)
Here is Kace and Kevin showing off their creations.


As you can see, Lincoln ate most of his ingredients.

Here is a better shot of Kace.

Caitlin is afraid she might eat hers before she races it.

 I think Kevin and Kace raced theirs several times. The winner seemed to trade sides.

Here is the winner side.

And here are the official winners. They even made tail pipes out of the wrapper of the Symphony bar.
Although Grandpa Shaw decided to race his sleigh against the winners and then he won. (I think I know where the competitiveness comes from!)

Then Grandma passed out some gifts. This of course was a big hit!
Thanks Mom, and Grandma and Great Grandma! and of course Grandpa!

Lincoln took several minutes to open his, methodically ripping off 1 inch by 1 inch pieces of paper.
(He's going to be fun on Christmas)

Thanks Mom and DAD!

Little Trevor.
Now we have moved onto the next party, which was held on Sunday for the December birthdays.

Happy Birthday to Ryan, Mac, and Jon!

Look how cute Trevor is, looking at his Aunt Caitlin.

Oh, Lincoln!

I got a bag to carry my cool gear!!
It has been a busy and fun week and the countdown now begins, watch out here comes Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha...so just about every shot of Dad he had his eyes closed, or closing. And then like father like son, Mac had the same look! :) Looks like it was a lot of fun. I talked to Grandma the other day and she told me about Grandpa racing his sled. Too funny. Can't wait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails