Last week end was conference weekend and I love listening to conference and to all of the inspired talks by leaders. The weekend was quite stormy so it made me stay inside and listen. I can't remember a spring conference where I was not able to do some yard work outside. That's not even happening this weekend because we even have more snow than we did last week! It's APRIL!
On Saturday Jessica and Caitlin came up and then Mac came up to go to Priesthood with Ryan. Jessica, Caitlin and I went over to soak in the hot springs at Riverdale while the Priesthood meeting was going on. When we got back Mary, Isaac, Lincoln, and Trevor were here and were soaking in the hot tub.
So we all had a party for 2 days!
Sunday morning we had a great breakfast. Jessica made these fabulous pineapple drinks. She blended up the pineapple insides and used the pineapples to serve the drink from. We felt tropical even though the weather outside didn't look too tropical.
She made 4 little triangles for 4 straws so we all had a taste.
It was delicious!!!
Then everyone contributed to the breakfast and that was delicious as well.
Yep, this is what it looked like outside.
We sat down and watched conference. Then we had a great lunch as well. Rachel, Nate, Tydon and Kace came up and we all pitched in for lunch. I forgot to take a picture of this great food, it was yummy!
I had a photo session with this cute little guy and I hope he doesn't hate me too much when he gets older. If you want to see why, go here.
After conference, the second session we played games.
and taught Kace and Jessica how to crochet.
No, I didn't make Kace learn this art, he asked me to teach him. After the photo shoot you would think I was trying to turn my grandsons into girls! I like them just the way they are, and I am glad that Kace is comfortable with crocheting. Ryan is comfortable with cross stitch and he turned out okay.
He was very attentive of what he was doing.
He is getting the hang of it!
Just stick that hook right there...
He'll get it!
Not with your mouth silly boy.
See, it is working!
Checking out a hat.
This is usually what his tongue looked like.
Jessica is a pro now and I can't wait to see what projects she has in store.
It was a very fun weekend even if the weather didn't cooperate. I am inspired to do better, be better and carry on!




















2 comments:
I loved conference!
I loved that Kace learned how to knit. I think that is great :). He told me he would like to make a scarf.
I am excited for this week it is going to be FUN!
Doneene what a cute grandma you are! My mom has taught all her grandkids ages 4 and up how to knit. Ashden is an old pro! It is so funny when they all get together at my moms all the kids want to sit around and knit! My mom just eats it up, she loves it. She has needles for all of them. When Ashden was first learning he got stuck so Bennett and I had to look on the internet to try and fix his mistake, it was so funny to see Bennetts big hands trying to knit his mistake. I love it! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. miss you guys!
Post a Comment