I know Christmas is past but I tried to up load these pictures earlier and blogger must have been having problems because I couldn't get them to load!
To start off our Christmas eve celebration we made a baby quilt that we are donating to a charity.
I was glad to see that all my grandsons were interested in learning how to tie a quilt. They did a great job and will be ready to help the next time we have a quilt to tie.
See how good they are concentrating and doing!
We had a tamale dinner with fresh salsa, guacamole, rice, beans, and pomegranate salad. Everything was delicious and it tasted so yummy!
We had a big pot of tamales.
I think Lincoln is wishing he had that food!
We then played the right and left game and had to have some help with all of the rights and lefts in the story.
Okay, by looking at Rainee's face maybe it wasn't too fun for her. (sorry Rainee I couldn't resist)
Things are looking up!
We then had the Nativity. Some of our props were not quite accurate, but they put on a great production.(Doesn't that horse look like a donkey?)
We couldn't get Mary to wear her costume but she loved her donkey.
Some of our shepherds staffs were a little makeshift. (a noodle, star wars sword, carrot bat, etc.)
Mary loved her baby Jesus.
Oh, another makeshift staff, (the quilting board.)
Quite a group of good looking shepherds and wise men.
The camel the wise men rode was looking a lot like a stick horse.
Great production for the year 2011, and we even had a Mary this year!
I always loved watching this when my own kids were growing up and now on to the next generation.
WE also had another use for our carrot bat. Watch for the next activity...
Those shepherds walked a long way.
Oh, here is another use for our shepherds staff... lets break the pinata!
These dainty hits didn't do much damage.
Getting ready for the big sluggers!
Yep, here they come!
Hurry grab as much as you can!
Lincoln and McKenly were more interested in the glow lights that were in the pinata.
Then onto the presents!
McKenly showing off her new slippers.
Our gift, the first letter of the name of our new grandson to be born in May!!
Traegan!
Ryan sporting some of his gifts, don't you love that snow shovel! It could really move some snow if we had any! It was a great Christmas eve celebration and a great day with the family.

3 comments:
Looks like a fun time had by all. Looks like it was quite the production as well.
That is one HONKIN' snow shovel!
The production was interesting.......I think they will get better :)
I loved how the boys were into the quilt. It was great.
The pjs and slippers were a great hit!
Thanks for such a fun time.
OK, call me slow, but who is having a baby???
Post a Comment