Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hersheypark in the Dark!

So, we've had a pretty exciting weekend. It all started off with a good old fashioned church cleaning. We were the only family to volunteer to clean the church this week, so it took us a little longer than expected. Jaedon was a pretty good helper for about 15 minutes, and then he spent the rest of the time in the nursery playing with toys. We treated ourselves to a wonderful lunch at McDonalds as a reward for our hard work.

We then went to Old Navy and got Olivia a costume for Halloween. We didn't have much to choose from, so we went with the pumpkin. She was pretty cute.

We then got Jaedon dressed up and headed off to Hersheypark.

It was fun as always at the park. We went on a lot of rides, we trick or treated at Treatville, and played some games. The first game we played we won big! I saw this game over by the frogger, one of Jaedon's favorite rides. I decided to walk over and see how it was played. They stacked four wooden blocks on a platform and you were given two softballs. If you knocked all the blocks off the platform with the first throw, you won a huge stuffed dog. If it took you two throws, you won a little stuffed dog. I watched as people threw $10 and $20 worth of softballs trying to win the big prize, none of which were even close. The game only cost a dollar, so thought it would be fun to give it a shot. I hadn't pitched since I was a little leaguer and walked 7 batters, beaned 2 batters, and gave up a grand slam bunt all in just 1/3 innings of work. Needless to say, I wasn't allowed back on the mound after that incidence. So, naturally, I didn't have high expectations for actually winning this game. Jaedon and I stepped up to the booth and we gave it a shot. Sure enough, on the first toss I knocked off all of the blocks! I felt sorry for the poor saps next to me that had spent a lot of money without having won a thing. They all asked me how I did it and where I aimed. I told them it was just plain luck. It was still quite the adrenaline rush.

And that about wraps up our weekend. Hope you all had a good one as well!

2 comments:

Donene said...

Ryan wants to know more detail about the grand slam bunt. Way to go Jon!!!!

Rachel said...

Impressive JON! Today Kace made up a story about a boy who went fishing. In the river there was a fish named Jon, Melanie and Jaedon (I don't think he quite gets it about Olivia yet, or else he is suppressing the thought about a girl in the family from his memory j/k). So anyway, be proud that you were a FISH!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails