Sunday, February 1, 2009

Maybe I'm not so old...

I still have YW on my forehead and if you remember I was released from the stake YW about a month or so ago. When I was released I had the feeling that it was probably the last time I would be in YW's because I was too old, I think I even told some people that. Well maybe I am not so old because today I was sustained as the second counselor in the Cub river ward YW. I am really excited to be back although it kind of took me by surprise, (doesn't all callings take you by surprise?) You would think that I would have some inside information since I do sleep with the bishop, hmm... maybe I should rephrase that, any way he lives at my house. No, he didn't tell me that it was coming because I was called by the second counselor in the bishopric because the bishop calls the President and the first counselor calls the first counselor and so forth.
So I have decided that maybe age doesn't have a lot to do with callings although I am definitely the oldest in the group so now I am thinking that when I die that someone should put one of those fake tattoos on my forehead, Mel maybe that can be your job, and when everyone walks by my casket they can say, " Yup, she had YW tattooed on her forehead, may she rest in peace.
It will be fun to work with all of the women that have been called and I am looking forward to getting to know them and the YW in the Cub river ward. That was one thing that I really missed in the stake calling, you kind of got to know the girls but it just wasn't the same. So forward and onward the work goes on and I LOVE the YW of the church.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yea! I don't think I have ever known you not to be in YW! :)

Unknown said...

Why did I get dedicated to tattoo your forehead!? Is that all you are going to leave me in your will when you die!? Just kidding. :) It doesn't surprise me much. You are good with the youth, and full of energy. And having raised 6 children, I think you can relate to a lot of the experiences that they have. Go YW!!!

Lana said...

Donene- congrats on the new calling. Hey those are adorable baby shoes. Can you tell me where you got the pattern. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Thanks
Lana

Lana said...

Im only seeing the pattern for the loafers, did you get the mary jane pattern from there as well?!! Sorry to keep bugging you, But THANKS =>

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails