Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Night of Excellence

Last night we had our Evening of Excellence. I think it turned out great and there were some great analogies of life that were brought up. Life is like a football game and in the pre- existence we all made a choice what team we would be on. We are all still striving to be on the Lord's side but it is sometimes hard because we have so much opposition from the other team. We have some great Young Women in the Cub River Ward and they are practicing hard to be the best they can be. We have our play books,(scriptures and For the Strength of Youth) and when we get off track of our goals we just need to get back to the basics. Saying our prayers, reading our scriptures, and attending our meetings.
We all have our tickets to get into the game and once we are in the game it is what we do with ourselves that makes all of the difference.

We have many recruits and we are excited to see what they do while in the game. We as leaders and parents are here to do all that we can to help them win this so called game of life.

Aren't these some of the best recruits you have seen!
We are going to be victorious by working together and helping each other until we get to that final goal, of course it is going to be the great "Homecoming Party" that we will have at the end when we will receive our greatest honor of "Eternal Life."

We had the coach and the Ref speak to us and give us a big pep talk on the plan of making it to our final goal. We ARE going to make it.
You Go Girls, Go Fight, Win!!
It was a great evening and one that we will remember as we go through this great game of life.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I saw this idea on sugardoodle and thought it looked so cute. I think we shall have to use it sometime :) Glad it worked out!@

Unknown said...

Very cute, and looked like it was a good time had by all. Who is the coach?

Donene said...

Man. I thought that I was original!
We did this about 20 years ago and we didn't have Sugar Doodle then. We made some adaptations, do you remember it Mel or were you even in YW's then. The coach is Brent Knapp who is an assistant at Preston.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I remember. I think it was the first year I was in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails