
After thinking about that question I came to the conclusion that it is all about the family. If you were to eat your Thanksgiving meal all by yourself it wouldn't mean very much. But sharing it with those you love makes all the difference.
We had a great day on turkey day this year because every last one of our family was here to celebrate. Our house was full but oh, it was so fun! Even my Mom and Dad came up to be with us and we are so grateful for Grandma and Grandpa Great!
Our family has grown over the years and the more we get, the funnier our family pictures have become. Have you ever tried to take a picture with 10 kids under the age of 8? I actually thought they turned out great and the weather cooperated and Mary's Dad was able to come and snap some great shots! By the time we got to the grand kid pictures though they had just about had enough and were ready to go in and eat!
So, is Thanks giving about the food? We spend all of that time preparing those foods that remind us of the holiday but I think even without the food, just being together would be enough.
We had many helping hands so our food was terrific! Even the smells coming from the kitchen were enough to fill you up.
The turkey, the ham, the stuffed mushrooms, the stuffing, the potatoes and gravy, the rolls and the pies. We had enough to last several days and it was good that we had enough people to eat all of the leftovers.
I had a great helper in the kitchen this year, her name is Livy and she wanted to help with everything I did. She actually did a great job and was a very good assistant. Sometimes I wish I could sit on the counter with my bare feet and underwear and cook to my hearts content.
Stood puzzling and puzzling:
"How could it be so?"
Thanksgiving came without ribbons! It
came without tags!
It came without packages,
It came without packages,
boxes or bags!"
And she puzzled three hours, till
her puzzler was sore.
Then Grandma thought of
something she hadn't before!
"Maybe Thanksgiving,"
she thought, "Doesn't come from a
store.
Maybe
Thanksgiving... perhaps...means a
little bit more.

5 comments:
It is all about family! And we loved every minute of it! Thanks for letting us come and invade. We love you and thanks for all you did.
oh I love the family pictures. I'm impressed with how well they all turned out. You're right, anytime you add kids to the mix, things get a little crazy. I'm so glad your whole family was able to come celebrate with you, I'm sure you were in heaven to everyone around.
That looks like too much fun! Too bad we couldn't get together with all the cousins while everyone was in town. Oh, well, next time maybe! You're right, I don't think Thanksgiving is about the food (although it is nice), it's all about the family and getting together to enjoy each others company.
I love your family photos. That is so cool you had everyone. Bet that doesnt happen often.
I couldn't agree more! Mike and I stayed here for Thanksgiving and it was sad. I sure missed family. It was so good to see you guys at Marc's wedding. The Shaw family is so amazing. I am sure Grandma and Grandpa Shaw are SOOOOOO proud of their children and grandchildren. I love you guys and couldn't have married into a better family.
Post a Comment