Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Champions!!

Yesterday I went to watch Kace play in his last football games of the season.
I say games because he played three!  They consisted of two, ten minute half's.
 So they went pretty quick, for a football game.

This was after the first game that was played at 8:30 in the morning.

They won the first game against Layton so they then played again at noon against Roy and they won that one too!!

The third game was played about 20 minutes after the second game and they played Box Elder.
Now this was the same team that they had played in their regular season and as Kace put it, " his team got their butts kicked."  I watched that game last week and Kace's team did not play very well so, I thought maybe they would have a chance this week to show some redemption.

The 2 teams were actually pretty evenly matched and the game ended 0 to 0.  Kace's team had the ball on offense most of the game but were unable to score.  They went into overtime and each team would get it on the 50 yard line and have 4 downs to score.  I thought, "Why didn't they start them on the 10 yard line because the way the game had gone neither team had been able to score.  But they started on the 50 yard line and Kace's team got the ball first. The first play of the game Kace got the ball and ran it 50 yards for a touch down! They then held Box Elder the 4 downs and actually recovered a fumble to finish the game.
So, they were the champions!
Too, bad I didn't get  a picture of the touch down.

Here they are!

All smiles today!

I'm not sure if Kace has a smile or a grimace, because he has to get his picture taken again!
It was fun! Way to go Kace!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to know how his conversation went with himself after these games. :) Way to go Kace! Way to be a champion!

Rachel said...

It was AWESOME! I am so sad it is over. It was fun sharing it with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails